FlashMaster659

Thursday #s - (Asgard2) R1 16.8m, Sing 15.3m

5 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

So the true question for R1 during January is: Can it make another $150m to reach $600m domestic?

Clearly $500m+ is a lock but how much does the Force have in it after that milestone is reached?

550M is almost locked at this point. Next weekend should be around 25-28M, and then there's MLK. After that extended weekend it should be around 525M.

• Like 5

Having read comments, Sing has no shot at winning the weekend, none. Kids movies barely jump on Friday, with decent size drop Saturday followed with slight uptick on Sunday. RO is easily winning the weekend.  58-60M vs 40-42M

Edited by druv10
  • Like 13

1 minute ago, stripe said:

550M is almost locked at this point. Next weekend should be around 25-28M, and then there's MLK. After that extended weekend it should be around 525M.

I figure next weekend will be a bit more than that. $33M to $36M.

Alright, well I can't respond to @Lordmandeep's previous post about how he pirated movies, so time to say it here:

Original post:

"I pirated sucide squad and Batman vs superman...

Those films deserved it."

Alright, listen here:  I don't care how you watch the movie.  Watch it for 99 cents when it's on sale on Google Play.  Watch it at an abnormally cheap price.  I really don't give a shit.  However, I will begin to care when you make the conscious decision to slowly kill Hollywood just like that, no matter how bad the movies are.  You decide to watch a movie illegally and slowly kill everyone who, despite how the final product turned out, worked really hard on the production?  Filmmaking isn't easy, buddy.  If one day, everyone decides pirating movies is the way to go, how do you think Hollywood would react?  They'd close their doors.  No movies anymore.  Congratulations pirates!  You've successfully accomplished your mission: Get rid of those "greedy dirtbag corporate scum that plagues Hollywood and makes useless cash grabs!"  Shame you can't watch anything any more.

I'm sorry, but I have no respect to anyone who pirates a movie and has the gall to claim themselves as a fan of cinema.

"I can't believe people paid 10 to 20 bucks to watch those films.

I was pisssed off watching them for free"

I watched them.  I paid for them.  I didn't like them, but does that really matter?  No, it doesn't.  If you don't wanna pay for a movie to see it, then you probably didn't even wanna watch it at all is what I'm getting at.  So then don't watch it if you cant even go to the movie theater and pay 10 bucks for it.  You don't even have to pay for any snacks, I don't care.  But just pay a bit of money.  If you don't like the film, then okay, but there's nothing you can do about it.  You made the conscious decision to pay for it in the first place, so why should you personally be owed something?  By pirating a movie, however, you decide that you wanna see the movie, but you just don't want to support the people who helped make it.  And to me, that's despicable.

• Like 26

Sing should have at least a $45M second weekend. Assuming Sing has a $16.37M Friday today thanks to a 7% increase, with a 22 percent decrease it'd have a $14.40M Saturday and increases on Sunday with $15M. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I agree no one will really change their minds and all the hyperbolic moralizing is ridiculous. 

Oh shut up.  Hearing someone who pirates movies and has the gall to say what you just said above infuriates me.  You're presented with evidence that shows that maybeeee pirating movies isn't such a hot idea.  But then you don't change your mind, or at least take the idea into consideration?  What the fuck?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Oh shut up.  Hearing someone who pirates movies and has the gall to say what you just said above infuriates me.  You're presented with evidence that shows that maybeeee pirating movies isn't such a hot idea.  But then you don't change your mind, or at least take the idea into consideration?  What the fuck?

I am not answerable for my actions to you...

Simple as that lol 

I have changed my habits with Steam and Netflix and I think that is how the issue will be solved as it has been solved with the Music Industry now. 

It wont be solved by moralizing at all. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 5

MODERATION

ok guys. Let's calm down for a little bit right now.

I agree that this thread should be for box office numbers and box office discussion especially for Thursday. If somebody wants to open up a piracy thread then please go ahead and do so. You can even open it up in this forum and just title it something about the box office. But let's keep this particular thread to discuss the numbers.

• Like 14

All tweets by:

The gold medal for WORST wide debut of 2016 (1,000+ theaters) goes to Sony Classics' THE BRONZE, which opened with $386k in 1,167 venues.

Every Top 10 grossing film in 2016 was either a sequel, a spinoff, a superhero movie, a reboot or a toon...or a combination there of.

Top 5 WORST debuts of 2016 (1000+ venues): #1 THE BRONZE #2 JANE GOT A GUN #3 THE DISAPPOINTMENTS ROOM #4 RULES DON'T APPLY #5 MORGAN

Top 5 WW 2016: #1 CA: CIVIL WAR ($1.15B) #2 FINDING DORY ($1.027B) #3 ZOOTOPIA ($1.023B) #4 JUNGLE BOOK ($966M) #5 SECRET LIFE PETS ($875M)

Disney is king of the box office kingdom, commanding 4 of the top 5 grossing films worldwide in 2016...with ROGUE ONE still coming in hot.

Over the last decade only two original movies have been #1 worldwide: 2013's FROZEN ($1.2B) and 2009's AVATAR ($2.7B).

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Christmas Baumer said:

MODERATION

ok guys. Let's calm down for a little bit right now.

I agree that this thread should be for box office numbers and box office discussion especially for Thursday. If somebody wants to open up a piracy thread then please go ahead and do so. You can even open it up in this forum and just title it something about the box office. But let's keep this particular thread to discuss the numbers.

Already done :).

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

I'm just hapy Moana's going to jump back to No.3 in the Top 10 ahead of Passengers after falling to No.6 during the last weekend.

I think Passengers's still got #3, it already takes in higher dailies and adult-skewing films have bigger jumps on the post-Christmas weekend. 

Edited by yjs
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

I'm just hapy Moana's going to jump back to No.3 in the Top 10 ahead of Passengers after falling to No.6 during the last weekend.

what I'm happy about it tho is it somehow managed to regain the lead to TS2. it's about $3m ahead now comparing the same day. (day 36)

EDIT: but then again I just figured it wasn't actually behind it ever. just the gap was rapidly narrowing. 

Edited by yjs

Guys!!

Amc/AT&T have this amazing deal with a movie pass thing which can you get into a lot of movies at discounted rates or even free. John Campea recommended it awhile ago, and it's something I think people should look into. It allows people like us to see a large amount of movies at cheap rates.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Guys!!

Amc/AT&T have this amazing deal with a movie pass thing which can you get into a lot of movies at discounted rates or even free. John Campea recommended it awhile ago, and it's something I think people should look into. It allows people like us to see a large amount of movies at cheap rates.

Sucks for us Canadians.

• Like 1