DAJK

Weekend Thread...Friday numbers (Deadline) HF: 6M| BBM: 5M| PD: 4.2| LLL: 3.97 (PG 18) - NOT THE PIRACY THREAD (OR THE POLITICS THREAD)

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That had The Green Hornet, which opened to around $40M, so no.

I'd like to say 2007. Stomp the Yard did pretty well but the other openers (Alpha Dog, Primeval, Arthur & the Invisibles) all made peanuts.

2006 - top movie for the weekend was Glory Road at $13.5M for the 3 day...that was for all movies open that weekend (with 4 new wide releases)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's really not that surprising, imo. Both of these movies were tough sells (hard to expect audiences to show up for a poorly-reviewed gangster drama, especially at a time when movies that are actually competing for awards are out).

La La Land might actually be #2 this weekend. Holy.

I think WB when they moved up Live by Night were expecting it to do a lot better reviews wise. 

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think WB when they moved up Live by Night were expecting it to do a lot better reviews wise. 

I think the fact it took so long to announce a qualifying release date indicates they didn't know what to expect and only gave it one to save face.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Patriot's Day looking ok for 20M 4 day weekend.

The Bye Bye Man is gonna have a strong Friday.

9 minutes ago, franfar said:

Variety's article says it'll make $18m in it's 4-day... Ofc they could be off 

Yeah, that's not good, especially because I projected $20m for the 3-day. :sadben:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Moviesareawesomegirl said:

I am seeing Lion tonight! :D

Hidden Figures is a lovely crowdpleaser; loved the heck out of it.

Split looks great. What are the predictions for that? Seems like the director of Signs and Sixth Sense is back (in every sense of the word).

Welcome to the forums! 

Lion and Hidden Figures are both awesome, hope you enjoy Lion tonight!

Split definitely has a lot of potential, I think it'll do better than the Visit. A $30m opening is definitely in the cards.

• Like 4