The Disaster Artist

Howard Hughes (Rules Don't Apply)

LBJ

Live By Night

The Magnificent Seven

Silence

Sully

The Yellow Birds

Predicting at any point in time that an Antoine Fuqua-directed remake of The Magnificent Seven would get a Best Picture nomination deserves to go down in infamy alongside @Telemachos' Blackhat thread.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, La La Panda said:

My goal is to get at least four right in this post

The Dark Tower

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Just you wait and see

8 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Darkest Hour

Downsizing

Dunkirk

First Man

Kathryn Bigelow's New Film

The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara

Mother

Paul Thomas Anderson's New Film

Wind River

Wonderstruck

These are going to be hilariously wrong. This was my first 2016 list:

Reveal hidden contents

maybe sooner than you think. Wind river getting bad buzz going in to sundance. Weinstein company just dropped it like a week ago. Could still surprise but idk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I could see the academy going for Greatest Showman on Earth too provided that it's good.  I think Blade Runner 2049 could also pull a Fury Road.

The thing that gives me pause for The Greatest Showman on Earth is that the behind-the-camera people are largely unproven (as in don't have much in the way of credentials either way). We shall see.

The problem with these early predictions every year is that people go for all the biggest movies that seem like possible contenders, when that just never happens. If I'm looking now, Downsizing and the Detroit movie seem very viable, but all the other big ones seem like really going out on a limb at this point. We have gotten at least one from Sundance almost every year this decade, so we're probably gonna find out one within a few weeks here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The problem with these early predictions every year is that people go for all the biggest movies that seem like possible contenders, when that just never happens. If I'm looking now, Downsizing and the Detroit movie seem very viable, but all the other big ones seem like really going out on a limb at this point. We have gotten at least one from Sundance almost every year this decade, so we're probably gonna find out one within a few weeks here. 

Yeah, there's gonna be at least one movie that will end going the route of being a flop. Something in these early predictions will be this year's Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk.

• Like 2