cannastop

What movies did you hear people talk about today?

I don't really see a thread for this anywhere, so I thought I'd start it.

Riding on the bus today, I saw a passenger pass on the gospel of Fences: "It's a good movie! You know, he directed it too!"

And at work, I heard a customer say "Man, I can't wait for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 to come out!"

Any other movies titles you guys overhear in public?

• Like 1

In the line to buy tickets for Patriots Day.  Two teenagers said Rogue One "like, totally sucked!"

Aside from that, me, my mom, her friend, and her friend's son were talking about Peter Berg's filmography (Lone Survivor and Deepwater Horizon) before seeing Patriots Day, and then we talked about Split and Shyamalan's filmography.

• Like 1

Guys at work were talking about movies they did English projects about. They said In Time was a great movie. Like it wasn't just one person, it was agreed upon by a decent amount of people. :kitschjob:

Hey, if it works for them. All the power to them I guess. but in time??

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Olivia Munn's going to win an Oscar for that one.

Jake Gyllenhaal gonna be like 'IT'S NOT EASY FOR ME TO ADMIT I'VE ONLY HAD ONE SB RING FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS'

And then Munn will go all snot crying  'WELL I'VE BEEN STANDING WITH YOU! I GAVE 3 YEARS OF MY LIFE TO STAND IN THE SAME SPOT AS YOU!'

1475074899_854_Viola-Davis-Has-The-Most-

Book Best Supporting Actress.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MrPink said:

Jake Gyllenhaal gonna be like 'IT'S NOT EASY FOR ME TO ADMIT I'VE ONLY HAD ONE SB RING FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS'

And then Munn will go all snot crying  'WELL I'VE BEEN STANDING WITH YOU! I GAVE 3 YEARS OF MY LIFE TO STAND IN THE SAME SPOT AS YOU!'

1475074899_854_Viola-Davis-Has-The-Most-

Book Best Supporting Actress.

Olivia Munn wishes she could snot-cry as flawlessly as Queen Davis.

Just now, filmlover said:

Olivia Munn wishes she could snot-cry as flawlessly as Queen Davis.

"Queen" Davis had no balls to try to win her precious Oscar in the Lead but had to go the safe route with the lesser Supporting. Sorry, no real Queen would settle for less. Supporting is lesser. It's no secret. 

Well...when I was at the movies last week, I did my usual 'walking around the theater taking pictures of standees and posters' rounds and a lot of people walked into Fences when I was on my way to finally sit in my theater? Does that count?

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Nope, she tried but competition's got such raves she knew she was a toast in the lead, even with OscarsSoWhite. 

You could made a valid argument in both for Davis. She completely disappears for a chunk of the movie. This isn't an Alicia Vikander situation (winning Supporting for what was unquestionably a lead role). But stay pressed!

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You could made a valid argument in both for Davis. She completely disappears for a chunk of the movie. This isn't an Alicia Vikander situation (winning Supporting for what was unquestionably a lead role). But stay pressed!

Well, she's not winning the main prize (lead) so that's that. I'm not pressed at all. I'm not a fan. IMO, Taraji will be the one that wins the lead someday not long in the future. HF boxoffice is going to be a turning point in her career. Wait and see. 

Edited by Valonqar

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeh it's up to the studio what category they put them forward for.

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeah it's up to the studio what category they put them forward for.

Word on Supporting placement began to spread when other actresses started to pile up GOAT raves from Toronto and Venice. if the category was weak, you bet Davis would go Lead. She's winning supporting easily but obviously wouldn't win Actress.