Finnick

Tuesday Numbers : HF:2.5M | LLL:1.63M | RO:1.31M | PD:1.30M | SING:1M | SLEEPLESS:0.77M

One thing to point out vis-a-vis TFA and R1 is that R1 lost a hell of a lot more theaters on Friday versus TFA.

TFA at this point in the run had 3,822 theaters while R1 currently has 3,162.   Next week is the week TFA had its first big shedding of theaters, and even then it was still at 3,365. It wasn't until the week after next that it approached 2,500 theaters.

I bring this up because R1 might not shed as many theaters this week, compartively speaking, as it's already dropped more than TFA did.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Porthos said:

One thing to point out vis-a-vis TFA and R1 is that R1 lost a hell of a lot more theaters on Friday versus TFA.

TFA at this point in the run had 3,822 theaters while R1 currently has 3,162.   Next week is the week TFA had its first big shedding of theaters, and even then it was still at 3,365. It wasn't until the week after next that it approached 2,500 theaters.

I bring this up because R1 might not shed as many theaters this week, compartively speaking, as it's already dropped more than TFA did.

That shouldn't stop true sws fans like me, I got a train and 2 buses to re-watch R1 when my local stopped showing it

39 minutes ago, Porthos said:

We'll see. It's making a lot less money than TFA as well, which makes it more vulnerable to theaters dropping it...especially since we are now in awards season and a lot of theaters might prefer to give screens to the awards contenders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

That is true, but there is more than one way to skin a cat. Rogue One piled up a crazy amount of money in the first three weekends and Mondays due to holiday boost with adults off work. Even if you go conservative and give it $535m, that is a 3.45 multiplier which is amazing for a 150+ opener. TDK had a 3.37 and that was amazing too, but it got there with the legs spread out a little different from RO.

Yeah that's a good way to look at it.

2 hours ago, setna said:

I really would like to achieve this number, but i´m afraid not even pass TDK, its weekend and weekly drops are bigger than TFA, unless this rhythm of drops changes, i think won´t do more than 525, pity....

What are you talking about? Do we have to go over this yet again? Rogue One's drops the past two weekends have been within 2% of TFA. TWO PERCENT! So where are you getting this? Or are you just not pulling up the data and looking at it? 

There isn't a snowball's chance in fuckin' hell that Rogue One only makes $525M. It's at $503M+ right now. As low as $535M? Sure, that could happen. Probably more like $540M though. 

• Like 3

I saw a promo for 500 free tickets to xXx through Fandango - it worked for me, but I backed out before completing the "purchase", just don't care to see it.

and apparently there are more that might work so it may be up to 2500. Take that as you will.

Yeah I've seen loads of competitions for xXx tickets. Which is how I've ended up with a double pass to it so go me.

51 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Only hardcore box office nerds stick around in mid-January for dailies. 

We are the chosen few. Glad to share your company this quiet winter, gentlemen.

No kidding! Haha well I'm excited to keep a watch on the box office just in general. If I wasn't so slammed with work last year after TFA left theaters I would have been around but it was brutal. 

XXX will break my Star Wars streak. I will see it Friday probably. Looking forward to it. 

I didnt have much interest in Split based on previews but meh, maybe it will be good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

No kidding! Haha well I'm excited to keep a watch on the box office just in general. If I wasn't so slammed with work last year after TFA left theaters I would have been around but it was brutal. 

XXX will break my Star Wars streak. I will see it Friday probably. Looking forward to it. 

I didnt have much interest in Split based on previews but meh, maybe it will be good.

For me it's all about Logan and Ghost in the Shell.

Might see Fist Fight if the right people recommend it.

And I'll have to take the kids to see Lego Batman, of course.

My oldest want to see Split also.

Thankfully no one wants to see Beauty and the Best.

Not my tempo.

Hopefully Tmobile Tuesdays keeps giving out 2 dollar tickets. 

I'm loving it.

Sorry for the rant. :P

• Like 2

This month is actually super packed for me because I'm finally getting all the award-sy movies. Had Jackie last weekend, Moonlight and Lion this one and then Manchester by the Sea and Hidden Figures in the one after that. Plus a lot of other cool stuff that's out that I'm trying to get a chance to see like Paterson. Plus this free xXx tickets. Which I'm hoping will be some good, dumb fun.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

What are you talking about? Do we have to go over this yet again? Rogue One's drops the past two weekends have been within 2% of TFA. TWO PERCENT! So where are you getting this? Or are you just not pulling up the data and looking at it? 

There isn't a snowball's chance in fuckin' hell that Rogue One only makes $525M. It's at $503M+ right now. As low as $535M? Sure, that could happen. Probably more like $540M though. 

I don't think it ends up at $525m, but I'd like to see your (and whoever else thinks this goes past $540m) projections for the next 5 weekends or so. It is projected to make around $7.5m this WE. I'd love it if RO made $545-550m, but looking at its dailies and WE, it seems almost impossible.