WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 29): Split 40M | xXx 20.1M | Hidden Figures 15.7M | Sing 9M | La La Land 8.4M | The Founder 3.4M

1 hour ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Split off to a $14 million OD, that could net in between $35-$40 million debut! XxX could do $19-$21 million. 

I cant see higher than 36 with playoffs netting 50 million plus viewers on Sunday but still a great opening.

Something like 14-13-8

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jandrew said:

BatB adjusts to $297 and finished 3rd in 1991. Yall need to get out of here with this $450+ nonsense.

Setting the expections way too high. Then when this "only" does $300m, we'll be disappointed...

BATB is beloved by people who weren't born yet in 1991, inflation has its limit

• Like 2

Deadline don't have the numbers yet, but this para made me laugh

xXx along with Monster Trucks‘ thud last weekend and Silence‘s failure to click on the awards and specialty B.O. scene — Paramount is weathering a brutal start to 2017. Summer’s intriguing trio of Dwayne Johnson’s Baywatch, World War Z 2 and Transformers: The Last Knight couldn’t come soon enough. On the slight upside, Paramount only has 50% exposure on xXx with the remainder coming from other entities, including Fortress (former equity owner of Revolution).

Why is WWZ2 still on June 9th on Paramount's schedule? That movie is not even guaranteed to be made.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Poor The Founder. Never stood a chance with Weinstein's botched efforts.

Agree. I though it would be a dud when they pushed from August to January but with the reviews, Keaton could have at least had a shot for a nomination

1.) Split(UNI/Blumhouse) 3,038 theaters   /$13.5M Fri (includes $2M previews) /3-day: $33.8M /Wk 1

2.) xXx: The Return Xander Cage(PAR/REV) 3,561 theaters  /$7M Fri (includes $1.2M) /3-day: $19.5M / Wk 1

3.) Hidden Figures (Fox) 3,416 theaters (+130)/$4.6M Fri (-15%)  /3-day: $15.5M (-25%)/Total: $83.5M/Wk 5

4.) Sing (ILL/UNI), 3,193 theaters (-500) /$2M Fri.(-33%)  /3-day cume: $8.9M (-37%)/Total: $249.2M/Wk 5

5.) La La Land (Lionsgate) 1,865 (+17) /$2.5M Fri (-39%)/3-day:$8.1M (-44%)/Total:$89.4M/ Wk 7

6.) Rogue One  (DIS), 2,603 theaters  (-559)/$1.9M Fri. (-42%)/ 3-day cume: $7.1M (-47%)/Total: $512.3M/Wk 6

7.) Monster Trucks (PAR) 3,119 theaters (0)/ $1.4M Fri. (-46%)/ 3-day: $5.9M (-46%)/ Total:$21.5M / Wk 2

8.) Patriot’s Day  (CBS/LG), 3,120 theaters  (0) /$1.6M Fri (-59%) /3-day: $5.6M (-51%)/Total: $23.2M/Wk 5

9.) Sleepless (OR) 1,803 theaters (0)/ $995k Fri. (-67%) /3-day:$3.1M (-62%)/Total:$14.6M/Wk 2

10.) The Bye Bye Man (STX) 2,220 theaters (0)  /$977k Fri (-82%)/3-day:$2.8M (-79%)/Total:$19.4M/Wk 2

11.) The Founder (TWC) 1,115 theaters  /$975K Fri (includes $105K previews) /3-day: $2.7M  /Wk 1

• Like 5

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

If they start worrying about every condition out there, you won't have very many movies.  

Also, there is a "neruotypical" designation now?  Sheesh.....

I learned about the word neurotypical on the show Elementary

• Like 1

Weekend drop for R1 (-47) is right in line with TFA's drop last year (-46.6).  The Fri-Fri drop is actually better (-42 v -44.1) and the Thr-Fri jump is much better (+102% vs +87%).

These are just estimates/projections, of course.  But they're still very nice.  Especially with the theater count getting slashed. Hopefully the studio estimates tomorrow will show something similar.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4

Darn, was hoping for a better hold for ROGUE ONE. Not that that's a bad drop at all, but I figured it had a shot at close to $8M. Looks like the weekdays are going to pretty good but people are going to seek out other options on weekends.

EDIT: Just read your post above, Porthos. Looks like my expectations are irrational again lol.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 3

Well I saw xXx. Maybe the worst script of all time. I've never seen so much cheese and not in the fun way. It was a truly terrible movie. Stunt work was nice, sure, movie looks good. Everyone below the line did their jobs but who cares?! They wasted their time because the script is so goddamn horrible. Also Nina Dobrev needs to model underwear or something because she's the worst actress of all time. There is NO WAY anyone has ever sucked as bad as her. She's laughable in everything. I walked in on my GF watching Vampire Diaries once and I busted out laughing. She's like, "Yeah... Nina sucks. But she's pretty!" Well great, yes, she's hot as hell but unless she is playing the role of a mute then she shouldn't be cast in anything. She is in the wrong era - the silent film era would have been ideal for her.

Donnie Yen was legimately the best actor in the movie, maybe because he took it seriously. Everyone else acted like they were acting in a movie which just doesn't work. Thanks to this horrible abomination my GF informed me I've temporarily lost movie picking privileges and I can't even argue with it because I know I deserve a time out from picking movies after dragging her to that. Holy shit.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Darn, was hoping for a better hold for ROGUE ONE. Not that that's a bad drop at all, but I figured it had a shot at close to $8M. Looks like the weekdays are going to pretty good but people are going to seek out other options on weekends.

EDIT: Just read your post above, Porthos. Looks like my expectations are irrational again lol.

It also did it with dropping 100 more theaters than TFA did in the same timeframe:  TFA shedded approx 460 theaters (from 3800+) while R1 shedded approx 560 theaters (from 3100+). 

Deadline also looks to be projecting a smaller Fri to Sat bump (or a harsher Sat to Sun drop).  Last year TFA had a +87.64 Fri jump followed by a +92.76 Sat jump followed by a 45.28 Sunday drop.  If R1 follows that on Sat and Sun, it gets 7.56 over the weekend instead of 7.1 (1.9 + 3.66 + 2.0).  And at this stage, every bit helps. ;) 

Here's hoping that Deadline was being a bit conservative with its Sat/Sun projection. :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Well I saw xXx. Maybe the worst script of all time. I've never seen so much cheese and not in the fun way. It was a truly terrible movie. Stunt work was nice, sure, movie looks good. Everyone below the line did their jobs but who cares?! They wasted their time because the script is so goddamn horrible. Also Nina Dobrev needs to model underwear or something because she's the worst actress of all time. There is NO WAY anyone has ever sucked as bad as her. She's laughable in everything. I walked in on my GF watching Vampire Diaries once and I busted out laughing. She's like, "Yeah... Nina sucks. But she's pretty!" Well great, yes, she's hot as hell but unless she is playing the role of a mute then she shouldn't be cast in anything. She is in the wrong era - the silent film era would have been ideal for her.

Donnie Yen was legimately the best actor in the movie, maybe because he took it seriously. Everyone else acted like they were acting in a movie which just doesn't work. Thanks to this horrible abomination my GF informed me I've temporarily lost movie picking privileges and I can't even argue with it because I know I deserve a time out from picking movies after dragging her to that. Holy shit.

Damn man. You're so going to FIFTY SHADES DARKER as a punishment.

• Like 4