WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 29): Split 40M | xXx 20.1M | Hidden Figures 15.7M | Sing 9M | La La Land 8.4M | The Founder 3.4M

Passengers will now need to be pushed across the 100M mark by Sony officially. Needed to hold a lot better to get over the mark without any help. Looks like it will get 2.2-2.4M for the weekend which means it will come out of the weekend with around 94.4M or so. It's actually going to fall behind Dragon Tattoo's running total while making 1+M lower this weekend. 

Sony need to come up with a re-expansion plan right now to prevent a Spectre repeat.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Especially even after gaining some screens. Silence is fucked. Live By Night well it was doomed since December.

Most theaters that added Silence only gave it one show at night while Monster Trucks played during the day. Even so, it did awful. I can't say I'm surprised though, I knew after a dozen people walked out during my showing while it was still in limited release that it wasn't gonna have any mainstream appeal.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Passengers will now need to be pushed across the 100M mark by Sony officially. Needed to hold a lot better to get over the mark without any help. Looks like it will get 2.2-2.4M for the weekend which means it will come out of the weekend with around 94.4M or so. It's actually going to fall behind Dragon Tattoo's running total while making 1+M lower this weekend. 

Sony need to come up with a re-expansion plan right now to prevent a Spectre repeat.

They won't be able to push it past the 100M the same way they failed to push Sausage Party.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Most theaters that added Silence only gave it one show at night while Monster Trucks played during the day. Even so, it did awful. I can't say I'm surprised though, I knew after a dozen people walked out during my showing while it was still in limited release that it wasn't gonna have any mainstream appeal.

It is breaking out here. Tons of sold out shows that only start in a few hours. The power of Scorsese is immeasurable. 

• Like 3

Just now, CJohn said:

It is breaking out here. Tons of sold out shows that only start in a few hours. The power of Scorsese is immeasurable. 

Scorsese, Marky Mark, and Batfleck have all had their asses handed to them by The Stone Age and Cookie Monster here. What a time to be alive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Scorsese, Marky Mark, and Batfleck have all had their asses handed to them by The Stone Age and Cookie Monster here. What a time to be alive.

Live by Night bombed here too and so will Patriot's Day :lol: 

The Stone Age will be huge. Cookie Monster depends on the Oscar love.

34 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Silence, my god. Live by Night will be losing at least 2,000 theaters next weekend, yeesh.

The Resurrection of Gavin Stone somehow is gonna manage a $1K PTA for the weekend. Congrats, I guess.

Don't underestimate the almighty SquidWard/Hive. tumblr_o57a84I7pd1sh40dyo1_500.gif

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Dark Rock said:

So Split opened almost twice of XXX...who would have thought

Good to see Shyamalan back to form

August 2002: The release of xXx and a Shyamalan thriller

January 2017: The release of xXx and a Shyamalan thriller

Are we sure we're not frozen in one particular moment in time.

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

August 2002: The release of xXx and a Shyamalan thriller

January 2017: The release of xXx and a Shyamalan thriller

Are we sure we're not frozen in one particular moment in time.

2002: the release of Resident Evil, The Ring, xXx, a Shyamalan thriller, and a Spider Man film.

2017: The release of Resident Evil, The Ring, xXx, a Shyamalan thriller, and a Spider Man film.

yes we are frozen in time. Except all of them were hits in 2002, and only two will be hits in 2017.

• Like 16

45 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Everything is about theater count. It was actually holding as well as TGWTDT but then the market was flooded with films. The upside is that a lot of films that have glutted the market place will lose screens this week. If Passengers can hold its current count it will get across the line. If not it could be a crawl into March. 

3 hours ago, mahnamahna said:

Split's looking at 2/12/15/9 ($38 million OW). Considering the solid WOM so far and minimal competition until Feb 24 (Cure for Wellness seems like a niche R-rated horror that's getting dumped), a 3x-3.5x wouldn't shock me. I'm expecting $110-135 million DOM for Split. Possibly $140-155 million DOM if it has better WOM than I expect.

Split is going to be insanely profitable. THR says Shyamalan self-financed it with less than $10M.

48 minutes ago, grim22 said:

weekend before Valentines Day is probably the best one

• Like 1

If The Visit was Shyamalan's first solid single in years then Split appears to be his first extra base. Never write off a legacy too soon. It will be interesting to see what kind of budgets he's entrusted with in future. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tau Ceti said:

If The Visit was Shyamalan's first solid single in years then Split appears to be his first extra base. Never write off a legacy too soon. It will be interesting to see what kind of budgets he's entrusted with in future. 

He"ll stick with smaller budgets. Nothing above $45 million for right now. Blumhouse could give him some more films to do in the next few years. 

• Like 1