WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 29): Split 40M | xXx 20.1M | Hidden Figures 15.7M | Sing 9M | La La Land 8.4M | The Founder 3.4M

Wow Split sounds like it's killing it! I may avoid it this weekend, but see it sometime next week. Just to see what's up. I'm hitting xXx tonight.

And for the record, it's not true nobody cares about Resident Evil. That franchise has been awesome! I can't wait for the final part. I love them all.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's interesting that while veteran directors like Scorsese, Zemeckis, Spielberg, Lee and Affleck all had flops or bombs in the last year, M.Night and Mel Gibson, two directors who were considered lost causes have managed to have successful films. 

Unlike M. Night, I always considered Mel Gibson a great director.

Maybe not a great person but you can't deny he has talent.

• Like 9

Just now, grey ghost said:

Unlike M. Night, I always considered Mel Gibson a great director.

Maybe not a great person but you can't deny he has talent.

Say what you want about Mel Gibson, but the son of a bitch knows story structure

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Also, unlike The Walk and Allied, which will be forgotten, Silence will have passionate defenders who will insist it was underrated/overlooked masterpiece or whatever. It's a passion movie unlike those other 2 shruggable ones. 

Gibson >>>>>>>>>> Shyamalan.  The guy can direct an epic like nobody's business. Good to see Shyamalan bounce back after a slump, tho. 37M or so opening would be insane. Also, McAvoy deserves a hit.

X-Men:Apocalypse made money overseas.  Wanted was a hit almost 10 years ago. 

• Like 2

My gf-ish texted me and said she asked her mom to go to Split with her, but she said it's sold out. Pretty surprised because I can't ever get her to go when I recommend something. I didn't even know she knew Split was a thing.

I know this news will make @WrathOfHan happy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-beauty-beast-belko-experiment-free-fire/

Meanwhile, BO is forecasting 144/470 for BatB! :o :wub: the dream is alive

I still thinks it's crazy to expect anymore than 300 let alone 400+.... BATB will take the cake for Top grossing musical unadjusted regardless but I feel like the fates are being tempted....

2 minutes ago, jandrew said:

My gf-ish texted me and said she asked her mom to go to Split with her, but she said it's sold out. Pretty surprised because I can't ever get her to go when I recommend something. I didn't even know she knew Split was a thing.

I know this news will make @WrathOfHan happy.

Better get tickets for tomorrow because WOM is only going to spread further.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

X-Men:Apocalypse made money overseas.  Wanted was a hit almost 10 years ago. 

McAvoy is X Men MVP, IMO, but he's been in the shadow of JLaw marketing push and overhyped Fassbender being shoe-horned into everything (and bombing, duh!). Wanted was sold on Action Angelina. This is the first movie that he's truly headlining that's going to be a big hit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I still thinks it's crazy to expect anymore than 300 let alone 400+.... BATB will take the cake for Top grossing musical unadjusted regardless but I feel like the fates are being tempted....

What I also just realized is that if the highest craziest thoughts come True - La La Land could conceivably become the top Musical of All time in unadjusted dollars (needs 188.8m) only be beaten a few weeks later by BATB....