WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 29): Split 40M | xXx 20.1M | Hidden Figures 15.7M | Sing 9M | La La Land 8.4M | The Founder 3.4M

29 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Also with great word of mouth Split should gain some weekend momentum. Yeah yeah there's sports this weekend but that's not an effect 

It really wouldn't have any effect until Sunday anyway.   I never really understood that argument myself.  I mean the Super Bowl usually starts around 6:30 est on a Sunday.  That's more than enough time for people to go to movies if they want.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's gonna make less in total than the original made in its opening weekend. Why they thought anyone would care about Vin Diesel's return almost 15 years later, I have no idea.

I doubt so. I think total will be around 60 - 80m. Of course its too early to tell. The original opened with 44m USD right?

So.. it will earn roughly half of the original's final gross. Not less than the opening weekend.

Just now, TigerPaw said:

I doubt so. I think total will be around 60 - 80m. Of course its too early to tell. The original opened with 44m USD right?

So.. it will earn roughly half of the original's final gross. Not less than the opening weekend.

Yeah, the original opened to $44M back in 2002. It's probably headed for about $50-55M total. At least they can claim it didn't do as awful as the Ice Cube movie did just 3 years after the first movie.

I have seen both XXX and State of the Union but I'd be in trouble if I had to remember anything about them at all  other than who the leads were.

And thats is a fantastic start for Split - looked like a fun film and with good reviews I am glad it's breaking out.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's gonna make less in total than the original made in its opening weekend. Why they thought anyone would care about Vin Diesel's return almost 15 years later, I have no idea.

Probably hoping for a little bit of that Fast money. 

3 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Probably hoping for a little bit of that Fast money. 

That franchise is pretty much the only thing that saved him from spending the rest of his career in obscurity, really.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3

Ok for XxX 3. If it had a modest budget like Riddick, it would be an ok win. It could debut in the low 20's this weekend. But Paramount might need to make a new game plan for 2017. Paramount needs to market Ghost In The Shell in a right way, and that's not likely. Paramount has Baywatch to be their hit this year, Friday The 13th could come out this year but we"ll see.