baumer

100 best supporting performances of all time according to baumer (will start again today..for sure!)

20 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

from classic times claude rains in notorious would probably be in my own top ten. there are more but that one's always stood out to me as an amazing performance.

Claude Rains in basically everything. Certainly most folks will have seen him in CASABLANCA, at least (which would be worthy of making Baumer's list too).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Orson Welles in The Third Man obviously. Walter Huston in Treasure of Sierra Madre. Anton Walbrook in Life and Death of Colonel Blimp and The Red Shoes.

I actually enjoyed Huston a lot in Sierra Madre.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Does Brando still count as "leading"?

He does at least for oscars and people can make arguments about the importance of the role, or how iconic he is etc to justify the "leading" status. The big WTF for me isn't Brando being considered lead, but Pacino being considered supporting.

• Like 2

I'm sure anyone who's reading this probably knows this already, but there will definitely be some normal traditional performances on here but there will definitely be some that are very personal to me that I obviously deem to be fantastic. So I hope nobody gets too upset when they see someone like Martin Lawrence on here for example LOL.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm sure anyone who's reading this probably knows this already, but there will definitely be some normal traditional performances on here but there will definitely be some that are very personal to me that I obviously deem to be fantastic. So I hope nobody gets too upset when they see someone like Martin Lawrence on here for example LOL.

What's happened to Lawrence anyhow? He hasn't made a film in years.

12 minutes ago, franfar said:

That was a great film.

Huston also had a great performance in Chinatown

Not the same Huston though. But yeah for me Noah Cross might be the most skin-crawling villain in all of movies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

:ohmygod: 

• Like 1