BOT's TOP 100 Film Scores: The Threequel (Submission Deadline March 22nd at 6:00 PM PST) NO MORE EXTENSIONS

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Just out of curiosity, didn't we do this a short while ago?  How many new film scores are there?

It was 2 years ago.

2 years of new scores + 2 years of new members + other members joining in is worth an update.

• Like 2

As one of the (probably 89.4% of the people that will vote here) that fails to comprehend and understand the difference between a soundtrack and a score, did I remember it wrong or didn't Fifty Shades of Gray actually have pretty great music despite all its other failings?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

As one of the (probably 89.4% of the people that will vote here) that fails to comprehend and understand the difference between a soundtrack and a score, did I remember it wrong or didn't Fifty Shades of Gray actually have pretty great music despite all its other failings?

Danny Elfman did music for it. That's all I know. @ddddeeee could tell you better than I about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chasmmi said:

the one cue ddddeee posted in the music thread sounded excellent

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chasmmi said:

I think most people use them interchangeably, although (I think) technically a score is comprised of original music composed for the film, and a soundtrack is a bunch of previously-recorded songs that're used in the film.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I think most people use them interchangeably, although (I think) technically a score is comprised of original music composed for the film, and a soundtrack is a bunch of previously-recorded songs that're used in the film.

SO by that nature, if I like all the songs in Moana, that means I can vote for it as a score. OR I need to pay attention mostly to the background music happening between songs?

1 minute ago, chasmmi said:

SO by that nature, if I like all the songs in Moana, that means I can vote for it as a score. OR I need to pay attention mostly to the background music happening between songs?

Songs (with lyrics) aren't considered part of a score, unless it's stuff like symphonic choir elements. So MOANA technically has two music releases: the soundtrack (containing all the songs), and the score.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chasmmi said:

No.

Songs make up no part of a score.

23 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

there are too many good ass movies with excellent ass scores out there for me to make a list....... i'm truly stumped

tumblr_inline_nrdkq57Fyu1ts4u7u_500.gif

I got faith in you.

Just start putting down the ones that come to mind first and submit once you feel comfortable with what you got down.

How about we don't overload this with mediocre Hanz Zimmerian style background music this time.

(I'll maybe accept the Lion King by Hanz Zimmer, and maybe Gladiator, but lets limit it to that please)

FYC

Alexander Nevsky - Sergei Prokofiev

The Double Life of Veronique by Zbigniew Preisner

Once Upon a Time in the West - Ennio Morricone

Pan's Labyrinth - Javier Navarrete

The Fall of the Roman Empire by Dimitri Tiomkin

Sunset Boulevard - Franz Waxman

Ben-Hur by Miklos Rozsa

The Mission by Ennio Morricone

On Golden Pond by Dave Grusin

Vertigo - Bernard Herrmann

The Magnificent Seven by Elmer Berstein