grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2016 Countdown. Reveal complete. Master list in first post.

The lists are in, the calculations are done and it is time for the reveal

giphy.gif

The statistics for this year's countdown

- 89 Lists were received. This smashed the old record.

190 Movies were nominated by the users

If your favorite movie didn't make the list - why didn't you vote? :P

giphy.gif

List

Number 25

Number 24

Number 23

Number 22

Number 21

Number 20

Number 19

Number 18

Number 17

Number 16

Number 15

Number 14

Number 13

Number 12

Number 11

Number 10

Number 9

Number 8

Number 7

Number 6

Number 5

Number 4

Number 3

Number 2

Number 1

• Like 10

I am scared the love for Star Wars is waning and Rogue One will not make the top 5!  I feel like back in 05, if we had this thing going ROTS would have been a lock for #1.  It would be impossible to get 89 lists for 2005, but it would be curious back in the day for what would have won?  Revenge of the Sith vs Goblet of Fire vs Narnia vs King Kong vs War of the Worlds vs Batman Begins vs Sin City

Edited by Matrix4You

2 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

I am scared the love for Star Wars is waning and Rogue One will not make the top 5!  I feel like back in 05, if we had this thing going ROTS would have been a lock for #1.  It would be impossible to get 89 lists for 2005, but it would be curious back in the day for what would have won?  Revenge of the Sith vs Goblet of Fire vs Narnia vs King Kong vs War of the Worlds vs Batman Begins vs Sin City

None of those. Problably Million Dollar Baby or Brokeback Mountain. 

38 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Yeah, about that....

• Like 3

Spoiler

25: Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping

HVbSAgI.jpg

0EdmJYn.png

Let’s kick off this countdown with one of my favorite movies of 2016. This was a criminally underseen movie which bombed at the box office as well. Lonely Island made a great mockumentary in the vein of This is Spinal Tap and was a genuinely entertaining movie with a collection of great parody songs as well. I definitely recommend the movie to anyone who hasn’t seen it yet.

BOT User Reviews:

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen.  See this movie now and you will get major laughs from start to finish.

10/10 or A+

-         ThatOneGuy

Absolutely hysterical. The Lonely Island goes all out with its frentic, gloriously stupid, and borderline surreal humor with their simple yet clever satire and a somewhat meta breakdown of The Lonely Island itself. The slight verge into more traditional narrative towards the climax is a bit distracting from the loose mockumentary feel, but the laughs keep coming from start to finish. 

-          Spaghetti

• Like 22