grey ghost

Legion (FX) (X-men series from the creator of Fargo)

I am so excited for this show! I mean, look at these reviews! https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/legion/s01/

I love everything I've read about it so far. Just hope if it is as initially confusing and loopy as it seems, enough people stick with it to make it a success. I read that it's been envisioned as a multi-season series, with clues and ideas setting up future plots... LOL it hasn't premiered yet and already I want it renewed for more seasons.

Anyway, can't wait for tomorrow. First new show I am seriously hyped for since Westworld.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This was wonderful and it has loads of potential, let's hope it keeps its quality up.

In a season of only 8 episodes, I think that'll be easy.

Also: it's too bad we're only going to see Aubrey Plaza's kooky character in delusions for now on.

• Like 3

OK, that was awesome! I can't wait for the next episode. Really wish I could binge the whole season now but I guess this will require some patience, which might be for the best. 

Dan Stevens was so great, and Aubrey Plaza was made for this role. Loved them both. I think I'm gonna watch it again to make sure I caught everything, though it was a lot less confusing and hectic than I expected based on reviews. I mean there was some tinkering with the viewer's perception but most everything that happened in the premiere is pretty easy to follow. 

Anyway, very promising start, and for those who don't have FX - the first episode is available for free on iTunes. That was enough to hook me, can't wait for more.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JennaJ said:

OK, that was awesome! I can't wait for the next episode. Really wish I could binge the whole season now but I guess this will require some patience, which might be for the best. 

Dan Stevens was so great, and Aubrey Plaza was made for this role. Loved them both. I think I'm gonna watch it again to make sure I caught everything, though it was a lot less confusing and hectic than I expected based on reviews. I mean there was some tinkering with the viewer's perception but most everything that happened in the premiere is pretty easy to follow. 

Anyway, very promising start, and for those who don't have FX - the first episode is available for free on iTunes. That was enough to hook me, can't wait for more.

Unreliable narrator though. They can do a lot with that to confuse us and/or play with our expectations. There might have been twists in this episode that we won't know about until later episodes...

I just hope they stay away from Mr. Robot's way of doing it though.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

I am so hooked on this show! it's amazing how much detail and thought they put into everything.

I saw some really cool Easter eggs that I didn't catch myself on first viewing. Did everyone catch Lenny in the mirror after the lamp breaks, or the yellow eyed demon as one of the toys baby David is playing with? Crazy good.

• Like 2

I did not expect the second episode to dwell so long and confusingly inside his mind. They are setting up tons of things, many of which we obviously can't even see or understand at this moment. I was truly amazed by it all.

I really hope the so-so ratings don't kill this show too early cause that would be incredibly sad. So much potential here.

• Like 1

The 2nd episode was so fucking good!

I was worried they'd dial it way back from the premiere to make it a lot less confusing and mind-fucky, but instead they continued very much in the same vain. This show does not dumb itself down and I love that.

I love being on this trip and trying to figure out where it all leads.

Oh and that book was the 2nd scariest thing ever, after the yellow-eyed demon.

I really hope the so-so ratings don't kill this show too early cause that would be incredibly sad. So much potential here.

As I understood it, the ratings were decent - slightly better than FX's other new high-profile original series, Taboo. Plus it had the best 3-day shifted viewing rise in FX's history. That tells me that people are hearing about this show and discovering it through positive WOM.

I think this show has "cult" written all over it, it will keep finding its audience and growing, given the chance.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

The 2nd episode was so fucking good!

I was worried they'd dial it way back from the premiere to make it a lot less confusing and complicated, but instead they continues very much in the same vain. This show does not dumb itself down and I love that.

I love being on this trip and trying to figure out where it all leads.

Oh and that book was the 2nd scariest thing ever, after the yellow-eyed demon.

As I understood it, the ratings were decent - slightly better than FX's other new high-profile original series, Taboo. Plus is had the best 3-day shifted viewing rise in FX's history. That tells me that people are hearing about this show and discovering it through positive WOM.

I think this show has "cult" written all over it, it will keep finding its audience and growing, given the chance.

I hope you are right, I really do. But also remember that those netwrosk don't care all that much about people viewing it later, it is all about the same day rating for them because of advertisers(am I thinking correctly here @CJohn?) so let's hope it rises for this episode.

Edited by Arlborn