grey ghost

Legion (FX) (X-men series from the creator of Fargo)

5 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I hope you are right, I really do. But also remember that those netwrosk don't care all that much about people viewing it later, it is all about the same day rating for them because of advertisers(am I thinking correctly here @CJohn?) so let's hope it rises for this episode.

You are correct. But don't worry, I think anything above a 0.5 gets it a renewal (this week's ratings haven't been released yet).

• Like 1

So, just so I understand correctly - the network doesn't care at all about the iTunes/Amazon download figures, or about how many people watch an episode in encore broadcasts? 

Even if if that doesn't contribute directly to ad revenues, you'd think it at least indicates growing interest that could translate to ratings or just good secondary market potential (IE syndication, Blu-Ray, streaming).

i still get a kick out of seeing it at the top of the TV series chart on iTunes, regardless. 

I do think quite a few people won't have the patience to enjoy the season's journey. This show requires viewers to withstand prolonged confusion and that's obviously not for everyone.

For me this is an incredibly intriguing ride though, and I feel like it's going to be very rewarding in the end. 

• Like 3

First two episodes were pretty amazing and Dan Stevens impressed me once more after The Guest. I hope the ratings remain decent so we can finally see what a heavily serialized show from Noah Hawley looks like. I'm a big fan of The Unusuals and Fargo is my favorite show still running for the last few years, but this is something different for Hawley. I hope he doesn't pass it on to someone else after season 1.

• Like 1

From the interviews I read it sounded like the show has been conceived as a multi-seasonal series, with certain elements and clues to things that would only play out in later seasons. They said this season has an end point, of course, but it hasn't been envisioned as THE end point. That's why I'm so hopeful that it does get picked up for another season. I am loving this journey and I'd really like to see where it leads. 

But also, just, it's so good and unique. I want to believe there's an audience out there for something like this, that would appreciate it and support it. I know I haven't been this excited about a new show in a long time.

anyway, can't wait for episode three.  :tvscared:

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 1

Episode 4 was awesome! Felt like it really propelled the narrative forward (which is probably good even if I didn't mind meandering in David's mind last week). I'm loving how crazy this show is and how unafraid of doing things differently.

cant believe we only have 4 episodes left! I need another season announcemeant ASAP. 

• Like 2

I'm really enjoying it so far. With that said, did anyone feel the action scenes in episode 4 were a bit awkward? I couldn't tell if they were supposed to be like that or if they really were just a bit awkward. It didn't really detract from my enjoyment of the story but it's something that felt odd.

• Like 1

Just fined the first episode and it was crazy good! this show is unlike any superhero show i've ever seen, man Fox/marvel is really killing it right now!

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2

I really hope this gets a second season, those ratings are a bit worrying though, I don't understand why people say the narrative is confusing, it is unorthodox sure, but each episode is like solving a piece to a bigger puzzle, you have to pay attenion and there are some things that remain a little unclear, but it seem to be very good at explaining things as it goes. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Kalo said:

I really hope this gets a second season, those ratings are a bit worrying though, I don't understand why people say the narrative is confusing, it is unorthodox sure, but each episode is like solving a piece to a bigger puzzle, you have to pay attenion and there are some things that remain a little unclear, but it seem to be very good at explaining things as it goes. 

It seems like those who watch the show are absolutely loving it, but yeah, I saw quite a few comments earlier on from people who got pretty frustrated.

I agree the show is very good at toeing the line between intriguing and confusing. I never finish an episode feeling like I didn't "get" the main narrative. I guess maybe some people really need to know where everything is going, or want things spelled out? IDK.

I treat this show as taking a thrilling, unexpected ride. It's enough that I'm enjoying the journey, I don't need to constantly question where it's headed or how we get there. So far it hasn't let me down. In fact I feel like every episode just keeps getting better and better.

And I join you in the hope that it gets renewed. It's honestly the best show on TV right now. Would be such a shame to lose it after only 8 episodes.

• Like 3

Yeah, it really damn sucks that it's only 8 episodes long. I really hope we get a second season, these ratings should be enough for it but they are a bit borderline so I'm slightly worried.

Anyone here looking forward to Gifted? I'm hyped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Yeah, it really damn sucks that it's only 8 episodes long. I really hope we get a second season, these ratings should be enough for it but they are a bit borderline so I'm slightly worried.

Well here's a positive sign from Noah Hawley at a SXSW panel today:

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/03/noah-hawley-fargo-season-3-legion-sxsw-1201792693/

Calling Legion a "returning show" as well as referring to it as the "first" season. Also another person said he's talked about writing season two right now while he's wrapping Fargo.

So by no means confirmation but certainly a good sign.

• Like 2