Jayhawk the Hutt

It Comes at Night | June 9, 2017 | A24 | Teaser in First Post

12 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Just like the Witch, another horror entry that will have the cinephile elite fully erect, on self bukkake mode, while GA won't give a frack about.

The A24 formula strikes again.

I don't think anyone is really expecting a hit from this.

• Like 2

On April 30, 2017 at 7:49 PM, The Futurist said:

Just like the Witch, another horror entry that will have the cinephile elite fully erect, on self bukkake mode, while GA won't give a frack about.

The A24 formula strikes again.

What's your problem with movies that tries to be something bigger than a cash grab? The Witch grossed $42m WW, which is on par with the BP Winner, despite not having the same pedigree, I'm pretty sure that it connected with an audience beyond the "elite".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

What's your problem with movies that tries to be something bigger than a cash grab? The Witch grossed $42m WW, which is on par with the BP Winner, despite not having the same pedigree, I'm pretty sure that it connected with an audience beyond the "elite".

Let the crazy JLaw stan be.

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Ok, There was another way to convey my point.

:bagoverhead:

• Like 1

Much better trailer.  Now I'm interested...but I'm also afraid this isn't going to be a horror where there is an entity coming for them.....I just have this bad feeling it's going to be a bait and switch like the horrible The Village and the even more horrible Babadook.

• Like 1

Lol, I remember a four or five years ago people were saying horror was a dead genre with nothing original left to offer.  These last few years so many of the big critical hits have been horrors or horror thrillers.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, baumer said:

Much better trailer.  Now I'm interested...but I'm also afraid this isn't going to be a horror where there is an entity coming for them.....I just have this bad feeling it's going to be a bait and switch like the horrible The Village and the even more horrible Babadook.

Yeah if it's a bait and switch I ain't seeing it.

19 hours ago, The Panda of the Caribbean said:

Lol, I remember a four or five years ago people were saying horror was a dead genre with nothing original left to offer.  These last few years so many of the big critical hits have been horrors or horror thrillers.

I just wish the genre could get some award love, The Witch received several nominations at Awards last year, but nothing from the "main awards", I hope Get Out will change it this year, although. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I just wish the genre could get some award love, The Witch received several nominations at Awards last year, but nothing from the "main awards", I hope Get Out will change it this year, although. 

Doubt it'll happen but would love to see Get Out get an original screenplay nod

13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If Universal promotes this right (I mean, if they pay) I can see this getting some GG nominations (Movie/Direction/Screenplay), as it showed last year, they're always open for blockbusters (Deadpool), or to anyone who pays for the award (Lady Gaga), I just hope that it will help on the Oscar race, it surely deserves more recognition than Moonlight.  

6 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Get Out should get a nod, I agree.  And McAvoy better get a best actor nod.....I mean if that isn't the best performance of the year.....I don't know what will be.