Jayhawk the Hutt

It Comes at Night | June 9, 2017 | A24 | Teaser in First Post

The last time critics jerked off over a horror movie I got the absolutely horrible babadook. I don't trust critics opinions at the best of times but even less for horror movies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

The last time critics jerked off over a horror movie I got the absolutely horrible babadook. I don't trust critics opinions at the best of times but even less for horror movies.

funny enough, I still haven't seen the Babadook :P  if it shows up on my on demand or something, I may catch it.  Otherwise, it will just have to wait longer

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 75live said:

funny enough, I still haven't seen the Babadook :P  if it shows up on my on demand or something, I may catch it.  Otherwise, it will just have to wait longer

I hope u see it. I want your opinion of it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

I hope u see it. I want your opinion of it.

I'll definitely let you know what I think whenever I get a chance to see it.  Just don't know when that would be :P 

• Like 1

That's some ass-kicking trailers for a horror movie. The movie title and the poster are also brilliiant. But then it's easier for a horror movie trailers to receive good reactions. I do hope this could break out like Get Out.

On 6/1/2017 at 11:00 AM, baumer said:

Eh? Didn't you love It Follows? Didn't that release after The Babadook.

Recent horror movies critics loved...

The Babadook

It Follows

The Invitation

The Witch

Raw

Green Room

Don't Breathe

Get Out

The Wailing

Demon

Eyes of My Mother

I Am Not A Serial Killer

Autopsy of Jane Doe

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

On 1.06.2017 at 5:00 PM, baumer said:

It was one of the best genre movies in recent years. I see a ton of pushback against it since people expected a horror and that movie doesn't work well as one. If you want an interesting story that decently smart on a low budget and then it's easier to appreciate.

Also yeah I assume you will hate this one too. It's not a typical horror.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, norbar said:

It was one of the best genre movies in recent years. I see a ton of pushback against it since people expected a horror and that movie doesn't work well as one. If you want an interesting story that decently smart on a low budget and then it's easier to appreciate.

Also yeah I assume you will hate this one too. It's not a typical horror.

Babadook isn't horror.  It's not scary, no one dies and no one is in peril.  Babadook is the kind of horror film that critics love and audiences give the finger to.  

4 hours ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

So, no one is in Peril, it's not scary, no one dies, not sure how this could even be labeled "horror"???? What about Thriller/Suspense???

Because critics have a very different understanding of horror than I do.

2 hours ago, baumer said:

Babadook isn't horror.  It's not scary, no one dies and no one is in peril.  Babadook is the kind of horror film that critics love and audiences give the finger to.  

Do you consider Rosemary's Baby in the realm of horror? I've always felt that it's a pretty big umbrella for that genre. Only one person dies in Rosemary's Baby and she commits suicide and we only see the aftermath.

And, she does strange her dog to death in a fit a rage in Babadook. But, yeah, no one dies.