Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

WrathOfHan

The Beguiled | June 23, 2017 | Written and Directed by Sofia Coppola | Colin Farrell, Nicole Kidman, Kirsten Dunst, Elle Fanning | EXCELLENT Reactions from Cannes!

Incarnadine    2,043

Interesting. I like the 3 movies of hers that I've seen (especially The Virgin Suicides) so I'll likely see this.:)

WrathOfHan    27,208
7 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Is the title of the film/thread spelled wrong on purpose? 

What are you talking about? :ph34r: 

• Like 2

Frozen    1,481
4 hours ago, baumer said:

Did they just give away the whole thing in that last shot?

Has Kirsten Dunst been in every Coppola film?  

Elle Fanning is in this, so I'll see it for sure.  

Well it's a remake of an old Clint Eastwood film, so what can they give away? Don't most people know this story? Just me?

• Like 1

Goffe    8,972

Looks like it is following the Eastwood film note-for-note, which definitely isn't a good thing. The original is pretty bad.

Edited by Goffe

LateReg    88
13 hours ago, Goffe said:

Looks like it is following the Eastwood film note-for-note, which definitely isn't a good thing. The original is pretty bad.

With Coppola it's all about tone and atmosphere, though. I bet she has some neat tricks up her gown.

Macleod    868

So there's something curious listed on HBOZone 6:15am ET (and HBOZone2 for 9:15am ET) -- The Beguiled -- and it's listed as Coppola's version in all markets.  Could it possibly be a sneak screening?  But the Cannes premiere hasn't even happened yet, so...

Of course it's likely just a screw-up by one of their 20 year-old copywriters who Googled the film and doesn't even know about the Eastwood original...but I'm going to check it out, just in case.

Edited by Macleod

filmlover    25,136
3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

So there's something curious listed on HBOZone 6:15am ET (and HBOZone2 for 9:15am ET) -- The Beguiled -- and it's listed as Coppola's version in all markets.  Could it possibly be a sneak screening?  But the Cannes premiere hasn't even happened yet, so...

Of course it's likely just a screw-up by one of their 20 year-old copywriters who Googled the film and doesn't even know about the Eastwood original...but I'm going to check it out, just in case.

It's definitely the Eastwood version. It happens.