YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

Would be cool, but I'm guessing the rights issues won't let that happen. WB owns the Lego and DC universe rights, which makes something like this a no-brainer. Don't know if Disney/LFL would want to team up with WB for a whole movie.

They do have those Lego Star Wars specials that show up on Disney XD.  So who knows, but you're likely right.  However a SW Lego film would probably be huge

• Like 1

Finally an exciting weekend! very happy for John Wick numbers. First movie was such a great surprise, this one is getting amazing reviews and Keanu is one of the nicest people in the business, deserving of the comeback. Way to go!

No surprise, smart releases this week - Batman for families, John Wick for action fans and Shades for ladies and couples. Counter-programming in its finest. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Expected preview numbers based on presales and sellouts. Thinking around 42M weekend for 50 Shades, 75-80M for Lego and 25-30M for Wick.

Yeah looks good - I think Shade still gets close to 45 - it all depends on how Friday correlates and then if it can manage any kind of increase from true Friday.

I think $75-80m is about right for Lego Batman which is still great for an animated film in general let alone in February. I'm sure WB/WAG will be thrilled. 

The budget for Lego Batman is $80m which is higher than both The Lego Movie and Storks but only $5m more than what Illumination spend on their films. I'm sure it'll be massively profitable.

12 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Yeah looks good - I think Shade still gets close to 45 - it all depends on how Friday correlates and then if it can manage any kind of increase from true Friday.

If Lego Batman can push to 85M it would have the second biggest OW in February, the Friday estimated should be interesting. LB gaining ground on Movietickets while 50 Shades is losing ground.

• Like 2

Just now, CaptainJackSparrow said:

There needs to be a Lego Hogwarts Adventures  movie after this.

I imagine JK Rowling isn't ever likely to give the thumbs up to it. I imagine it's okay to have individual characters like Dumbledore but not spoofing Harry Potter in general. 

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

If Lego Batman can push to 84M it would have the second biggest OW in February, the Friday estimated should be interesting. LB gaining ground on Movietickets while 50 Shades is losing ground.

It would need a huge jump on Saturday which might be doable. 

Just now, grim22 said:

If Lego Batman can push to 84M it would have the second biggest OW in February, the Friday estimated should be interesting. LB gaining ground on Movietickets while 50 Shades is losing ground.

Always remember: Real Batman > Sex Freak Wannabe Batman