YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

16 hours ago, YourMother said:

2 things: Faith based movies and Christmas, also I see Coco doing anywhere from $150M-$230M because I think Disney will put little marketing effort into it but give more of the benefit of doubt because of Moana.

The marketing push is key. Book of Life was terrific but Fox didn't push the marketing and it flopped. Disney won't let that happen.

Edited by Wrath

55 minutes ago, Wrath said:

The marketing push is key. Book of Life was terrific but Fox didn't push the marketing and it flopped. Disney won't let that happen.

Tell that to Moana and TGD.

16 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Tell that to Moana and TGD.

Moana's at $243.1 million domestically and $565 million worldwide and will comfortably ascend to $600+ million worldwide.  It may not have been the massive success everyone was hoping for, but it surely made up for it by posting great legs in almost all of its markets.  An original animated property earning $230+ million is nothing to scoff at. 

PS: $250 million may be the magic number, but remember, only 20 animated films have ever passed that mark and only 12 have grossed over $300 million of the thousands upon thousands of animated films that have been released over the years. 

Edited by CelestialFairyIX
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

Moana's at $243.1 million domestically and $565 million worldwide and will comfortably ascend to $600+ million worldwide.  It may not have been the massive success everyone was hoping for, but it surely made up for it by posting great legs in almost all of its markets.  An original animated property earning $230+ million is nothing to scoff at. 

PS: $250 million may be the magic number, but remember, only 20 animated films have ever passed that mark and only 12 have grossed over $300 million of the thousands upon thousands of animated films that have been released over the years. 

4 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

It made more than Tangled, Wreck-it Ralph, and Big Hero 6, which all had great reviews as well. It's a matter of perspective. Moana did just fine.

I'm not saying Moana isn't a success it is. I'm saying I don't see Coco over $250M.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Dr.-Strangelove-courtesy-Warner-Bros-144

Let me clarify: Disney barely marketed Moana or TGD and both failed to do over $250M is my point. What makes you think Coco will be different?

• Like 2