Fullbuster

Asia Box Office : At The Heart of The World's Largest Movie Market

asian-wallpaper-22.jpg

map_of_asia.jpg

Hi Everyone! After creating the European Union Box Office Thread and after implementing the Latin American Box Office in the Brazil Box Office Thread (Page 1) I thought "Asia is the world's largest movie market ahead of North America and Europe, so why doesn't it have its own thread?" so I decided to put an end to this blatant injustice :shades:

I won't be able to update it as much as I want, lack of time...but I'll add something whenever I can, using data from Box Office Mojo, and you can of course add the movies you like into the list, post it here and I'll add it :) Here, Asia will be what you see on the map, don't forget it ;)

For the inauguration I decided to start with only one movie :

Frozen

ASIA : $390m

OS Box Office : $876m

ASIA Share of the OS Box Office : 44.5%

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Look at Mermaid's gross. Look at BvS' disappointing gross.

It shows Chinese audience don't just go for Hollywood big titles because it is heavily hyped.

Hollywood needs to do something more.

Hollywood movies target global audiences, most of them are made for that goal : not just the US or a country in particular, that's what makes them successful. Making them more Chinese or something like that may not go well outside of Asia, that's not that easy.

13 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

It s a dream! Can Infinity war pass 250$ in China market? 

It's hard to tell, 2016 was pretty disappointing in China, for the first time....But by 2018 I guess the movie market will be bigger :)

And by the way, don't forget there are other fast-growing markets that really can make a difference over the time : Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, India...so performances in Asia are not reliant on China alone.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

It's hard to tell, 2016 was pretty disappointing in China, for the first time....But by 2018 I guess the movie market will be bigger :)

And by the way, don't forget there are other fast-growing markets that really can make a difference over the time : Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, India...so performances in Asia are not reliant on China alone.

Why is pretty disappointing ?