Fullbuster

Asia Box Office : At The Heart of The World's Largest Movie Market

16 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

It s a dream! Can Infinity war pass 250$ in China market? 

Maybe we can not say it is locked, but I think it has many chances. With current ER, $250m means 1.72b Yuan. Ultron already did 1.464b. That would mean a 17% increase in a 3 years period. Not so crazy even with the slower increase of the market.

You can look in other way: Ultron increased 900m Yuan in 3 years relative to TA. I see reasonable to think that TA3 can increase "just" 250m Yuan relative to Ultron. Let's see how MCU performs during 2017 anyway.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, peludo said:

Maybe we can not say it is not locked, but I think it has many chances. With current ER, $250m means 1.72b Yuan. Ultron already did 1.464b. That would mean a 17% increase in a 3 years period. Not so crazy even with the slower increase of the market.

You can look in other way: Ultron increased 900m Yuan in 3 years relative to TA. I see reasonable to think that TA3 can increase "just" 250m Yuan relative to Ultron. Let's see how MCU performs during 2017.

Yes but in 2017 Who will pass $150 ml? Maybe Spiderman , for guardians and Thor it so difficult 

2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Yes but in 2017 Who will pass $150 ml? Maybe Spiderman , for guardians and Thor it so difficult 

GOTG2 will do very well, the first one is loved by people all over the world and a huge increase is expected so why not in China as well? And GOTG doesn't look like a comicbook movie, it can please fans of animated movies as well.

7 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Guardians is way more likely to pass 1 billion Yuan (IMO locked) than Spider-man. Maybe 1.2b. Spidey has chances (TASM2 already did nearly 600m Yuan in 2014), but I am not completely sold. Maybe the presence of Iron Man in the film can benefit to reach it. Thor 3 should make Ant-Man figures (about 600-700m).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, peludo said:

Guardians is way more likely to pass 1 billion Yuan (IMO locked) than Spider-man. Maybe 1.2b. Spidey has chances (TASM2 already did nearly 600m Yuan in 2014), but I am not completely sold. Maybe the presence of Iron Man in the film can benefit to reach it. Thor 3 should make Ant-Man figures (about 600-700m).

The Guardians brand is strong in china?  good 

4 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

This brand wasn't strong to begin with but after the theater release and VOD/DVD/Blu-Ray release it gained popularity all over the world, people will be far more numerous for the second movie, including China. You can be sure one of the most impressive growth will be in Brazil as well because it wasn't huge there to begin with ($16m) but far more popular there these days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Let's say that the first part did really well (nearly 600m Yuan) considering it was not a sequel. And with great legs, if I remember well, what I think it is even more important.

• Like 1