John Marston

Valentine's Day 2017 Numbers - 50SD - 11.5M, LBM 5.5, JW2 4.9 (the whispers of Asgard)

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

what is the club

John Wick 2 > FSD. I'm in the club, but I think it's unlikely because of how high FSD opened. But the lower the numbers for FSD, the better its chances. :ph34r:

Edited by AABATTERY
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

A lot lower than I thought. Even with a stronger Monday, I thought presales plus Tuesdays being stronger in general would lead to a bigger number than The Vow got.

Would be curious to see how many did not do discount Tuesday given what today was. 

And I think there was a crucial element several were missing about Shades versus the Vow, chick flick versus date night. Twilight was the same way. The Vow may have skewed female but it was the PERFECT date night movie when it was released. 

3 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Decent for John Wick, I guess? It jumped 83%, but Safe House managed 106% back in 2012.

Did a lot of theaters forgo discount Tuesday?

Wick did have a lower Monday drop but it's still a bit worse off than Safe House was. Doesn't have that Reynolds on Valentines powah.

Can't say much about discount Tuesdays because I live very far away from the USA.

Edited by AABATTERY
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

Wick did have a lower Monday drop but it's still a bit worse off than Safe House was. Doesn't have that Reynolds on Valentines powah.

Can't say much about discount Tuesdays because I live very far away from the USA.

I think you mean Denzel. lmao

• Like 8

10 hours ago, That One Guy said:

That's pretty damn good for LBM.  I think it hit 60M by now?

It would, $61.2M, by my calculations if by some miracle LBM reaches $140M by the end of the month, $200M is alive again.

Edited by YourMother

3rd Update, 7AM: In a five day fight between Christian Grey and Lego Batman, the S&M beefcake wins: Universal is reporting $10.93M this morning for Fifty Shades Darkers Valentine’s Day booty which sends the sequel’s running cume to $61.4M. Meanwhile, Warner Bros.’ The Lego Batman Movie was No. 2 yesterday with $5M, putting its five-day B.O. at $60.77M. Lionsgate/Summit’s John Wick: Chapter 2 was third with $4.7M and a running cume of $37.8M

• Like 1