AniNate

The Big Sick | Michael Showalter | limited 6/23/17 | Sundance hit | Also Cloverfield movie

If you don’t know about Kumail Nanjiani or any of his works, this movie doesn’t only explain where he came from, but it also expresses who he is and how he lives his life. The way the movie plays out, not only do you get to know Nanjiani, but you get to relate to him. I know many people who went through the same struggle he went through and are still going through it to this day. There are elements of his life that so many people can see themselves in and you perfectly get the full dimensional version of Kumail, his family, Emily, and her family. You like every character introduced into this movie as we see where every person is coming from. You feel for everyone and the internal struggle they all go through. There’s a scene where the situation that Kumail goes through is so depressing, there are two sequences to where he breaks. The first time he breaks has you in tears, but the second time is played for laughs but surprisingly will also leave you in tears. It is a sequence that is heartbreaking and hysterical at the same time to which you will both laugh and cry. Not laugh until you cry, but have you simultaneously laugh and cry.

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//the-big-sick-review

I've seen the movie and it's very good.

It probably won't do much since I'm guessing it's not gonna get much promotion, but it's a very audience friendly film assuming you can get past the interracial couple thing. Which means it's doomed because Trump's America

• Like 7

i wanna see this and i'm assuming since Kumail and Zoe Kazan are such HUGE names here in the UK this won't be a movie that gets a whole release of like 5 cinemas in London and i'll have to wait until the end of the year to actually see it.

3 hours ago, MrPink said:

I've seen the movie and it's very good.

It probably won't do much since I'm guessing it's not gonna get much promotion, but it's a very audience friendly film assuming you can get past the interracial couple thing. Which means it's doomed because Trump's America

I think it'll make at least as much as the director's last movie (Hello My Name is Doris, $14M) although Spaghetti's The Way, Way Back comparison sounds good too.