Plain Old Tele

BOT: THE REVISITING -- TOP 25 of 2007! | Calculations Done. Reveal whenever Tele finds the time.

BOT Best of the Year!  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which year shall we do?

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Shotgun Stories, Margot at the Wedding, Brand Upon the Brain!, Bug. No idea if you'd like any of them of course.

@Telemachos Is Black Book eligible if it wasn't commercially released in the States until April 2007, but was submitted for a foreign language Oscar to the February 2007 awards? See also The Lives of Others which was also released in theaters in February 2007 but won the Oscar at the same ceremony which was honoring the best films of 2006. 

Black Book: if it was released in the US any time in 2007, it's eligible. 

Lives of Others: it played publicly in an Oscar-qualifying run in December 2006, so it's technically a 2006 release. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

But why? That was a fun little movie.

I like it alright, would give a 7 or so, but I don't believe a top 25 should have 7/10 movies. It's not a 'movies that didn't suck' list, after all.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

There are some highly regarded movies like Assasination of Jesse James, Eastern Promises and My Winnipeg that I always wanted to watch and then never did, but I don't think I'll get around to watch them until the deadline. So there you go

Spoiler
1 There Will Be Blood
2 Zodiac
3 Hot Fuzz
4 The Host
5 Ratatouille
6 Atonement
7 5 centimeters per second
8 No Country for Old Men
9 4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days
10 Death Proof
11 Sunshine
12 Knocked Up
13 Gone Baby Gone
14 The Bourne Ultimatum
15 Stardust
16 Hot Rod
17 The Mist
18 Juno
19 The Lookout
20 The Orphanage
21 Superbad
22 Trick n' Treat
23 Lars and the Real Girl
24 The Darjeeling Limited
25 Persepolis

Edited by Joel M
  • Like 1

Just now, Joel M said:

There are some highly regarded movies like Assasination of Jesse James, Eastern Promises and My Winnipeg that I always wanted to watch and then never did, but I don't think I'll get around to watch them until the deadline. So there you go

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks, but please PM it to me and @grim22 to make sure it'll be counted. 

9 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Hide contents
1 There Will Be Blood
2 Zodiac
3 Hot Fuzz
4 Ratatouille
5 Atonement
6 5 centimeters per second
7 No Country for Old Men
8 4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days
9 Death Proof
10 Sunshine
11 Knocked Up
12 Gone Baby Gone
13 The Bourne Ultimatum
14 Stardust
15 Hot Rod
16 The Mist
17 Juno
18 The Lookout
19 The Orphanage
20 Superbad
21 Trick n' Treat
22 Lars and the Real Girl
23 The Darjeeling Limited
24 Persepolis
25 30 Days of Night

My Winnipeg is incredible but it wasn't released in the US until summer 2008 so it wouldn't have qualified anyway. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I like it alright, would give a 7 or so, but I don't believe a top 25 should have 7/10 movies. It's not a 'movies that didn't suck' list, after all.

If you haven't seen a total of 25 movies above 7/10 then 7/10 is what you'll have in your top25, it seems logical to me, but okay, different points of view then.

Also, your first point wasn't that, it was that your list was too mainstream. I don't see the problem with that either but different points of view once again I suppose.