Alli

WEEKEND THREAD! FRI #s: Lego: 8M: 50SD: 6.6M: GW: 5.8: JW2: 4.1 (pg 8)

8 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Well if the movie sucks, I'm sure La La Land can pick up my spirits!

I'm surprised you're not seeing Fist Fight. Who wouldn't want to watch bully Ice Cube take on scrawny Charlie Day?

Edited by filmlover

FF and TGW numbers are decent. 20M+ looking good for both movies over the 4 day.

Split grossed 2M, XXX3 1.2M, Dogs Purpose 450k, Resident Evil 1M, London has fallen 870k, Deepwater horizon 860k, How to be single 700k, Barbershop 3 735k

• Like 1

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

A $50M total against a $150M budget is still a complete flop. Although without Damon it likely would've made something like Pompeii numbers.

How is it  flop when it is making good money overseas?  When will some of you start looking at a film's total gross and not just what it makes in one market?

• Like 11

Soooo... quite glad that I cancelled my Wellness investment on the FBO. Still lost 12M on that bitch, but I hope Fist Fight helps making those back in some way. Great Wall is the Seventh Son of 2017.

FF doing okay.

Get Out has open room for breakout next weekend. Lights Out's 21M should be achievable. Don't Breathe's 26 is quite a lot tougher.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, baumer said:

How is it  flop when it is making good money overseas?  When will some of you start looking at a film's total gross and not just what it makes in one market?

Even if it makes $300-350m WW, it's still going to lose money with the $150m budget. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

It's only February 17th and we already have two new entries in the Top 10 biggest theatre drops of all time chart:

Live By Night at #1, Space Between Us at #6.

Howlingly bad.:lol:

@CJohn

26 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Soooo... quite glad that I cancelled my Wellness investment on the FBO. Still lost 12M on that bitch, but I hope Fist Fight helps making those back in some way. Great Wall is the Seventh Son of 2017.

FF doing okay.

Get Out has open room for breakout next weekend. Lights Out's 21M should be achievable. Don't Breathe's 26 is quite a lot tougher.

I forgot Seventh Son even existed :jeb!: 

• Like 2

@baumer I think part of the issue is that old thought patterns (domestic being the #1 player for bomb or hit) take awhile to get rid of. We have been having this discussion for at least 10 years now and itstill hasn't changed much unless someone has a hard-on for a particular film that they want to see skewed in one way or another.

The Great Wall will be fine in the end once all things are accounted for but it will never be the money maker you want a film to be when you drop 150m on it.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Isn't Great Wall going to actually get 2x as much back form China as a regular  Hollywood production? 

I'm curious about this as well. I know local productions do keep around 50% of box office, but I'm not sure how the Chinese government views Legendary.

@Gavin Feng Any idea?

Edited by elcaballero
  • Like 1