Alli

WEEKEND THREAD! FRI #s: Lego: 8M: 50SD: 6.6M: GW: 5.8: JW2: 4.1 (pg 8)

http://deadline.com/2017/02/lego-batman-fifty-shades-fist-fight-the-great-wall-cure-for-wellness-weekend-box-office-1201914695/

2ND Update Midday: Here’s how this lackluster Presidents’ Day weekend is shaping up: Two holders are ruling the top two spots, Warner Bros.’ The Lego Batman Movie ($6M today, $31M 3-day, $39.5M 4-day) and Universal’s Fifty Shades Darker ($4.5M today, $16M+ FSS, $19.5M FSSM). That will put Lego Batman back in the dominant position in regards to total B.O. with $104M, and Christian Grey lower with $88.2M.

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, POTUS said:

http://deadline.com/2017/02/lego-batman-fifty-shades-fist-fight-the-great-wall-cure-for-wellness-weekend-box-office-1201914695/

2ND Update Midday: Here’s how this lackluster Presidents’ Day weekend is shaping up: Two holders are ruling the top two spots, Warner Bros.’ The Lego Batman Movie ($6M today, $31M 3-day, $39.5M 4-day) and Universal’s Fifty Shades Darker ($4.5M today, $16M+ FSS, $19.5M FSSM). That will put Lego Batman back in the dominant position in regards to total B.O. with $104M, and Christian Grey lower with $88.2M.

that would not be that great of a hold for LB

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

That would be horrible drop for John Wick if true. Also pretty bad for Fist Fight if it doesn't reach 5M today.

11M 3-day for Wick? That's gotta be way too early and/or way too shit. One of the best action movies dropping that hard in the second weekend. I refuse to believe it.

• Like 1

That being said.... Fifty Shades of Grey didn't increase by more than 100% until it's 4th Friday so there is a precedent for Darker to have a terrible Friday increase but even still you are talking an increase of like +35% if that 4.5 is true which is just unheard of outside of Summer.

Lego Batman's Friday is also way under any realistic comps and I highly doubt it is that front loaded.

so per normal their mid-days are probably nothing more than shit.....

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Shit numbers all around lmao.

Second time in as many months where the studios wasted a 4-day holiday weekend on unappealing product (even though I guess last weekend's large numbers took its place). Congrats, I suppose.

• Like 1

Still don't get why Universal didn't just release Great Wall domestically back in December along with the China release. Holiday legs could have saved some face.

Yeah yeah Rogue One and all, but I don't think it would make that much of a difference.

Edited by cookie

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

Still don't get why Universal didn't just release Great Wall domestically back in December along with the China release. Holiday legs could have saved some face.

Naw it would have been destroyed with that Christmas glut. Look how badly Assassins Creed flopped. They for sure would have hurt each other more. Atleast now it can save some face have chance to finish above 30m. ( which is still horrible)

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lionsgate/Summit’s John Wick: Chapter 2 will lock and load $3.25M today, $11M over FSS and $13.6M over four, taking its 11-day cume to an estimated $55.7M.

Image result for i don't believe you

One of the networks should hire Ron Burgundy for the nightly news. His time has come.