Poseidon

Weekend Thread 2/24-26 | Sat #s |Get Out: 12.8 (+18%) Lego: 9.4 (+120%) Wick: 4.2 (+70) (Pg 20)

7 hours ago, DAJK said:

If @EmpireCity or @rth can potentially verify this (not sure why it's not letting me tag) my boss texted me saying that Get Out didn't perform as well in Canada (not too surprised). 1.5M of its weekend was from Canada according to estimates, vs 1.8M of Batman's 19M weekend. I guess our theatre won't get it until the 10th if at all.

7 hours ago, CJohn said:

Horror movies never perform very well in Canada.

Yes to @CJohn comment , with odd exception, Domestic nearly all BO horror comes from USA. Canada is same as number of countries where horror for most part underperforms

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I mean, if @CJohn can still stay strong hatewatching the cynical bloody nihilism of The Walking Dead, he can handle that movie

I need someone to save me from that show (and his even worse spin off). I feel trapped. :sadben: 

15 hours ago, Fifty Shades Rth said:

Yes to @CJohn comment , with odd exception, Domestic nearly all BO horror comes from USA. Canada is same as number of countries where horror for most part underperforms

Yes, me and my friends account for about 75% of the horror movie business in Brampton :)

• Like 2