The Eternal Camping Indiegogo campaign by Water Bottle is now live! Check it out, donate, spread the word!

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Beauty and The Panda

Because Nobody Asked For It: The Panda's Top 250 Movies of All Time - Top 50 Starts on Page 18!

385 posts in this topic

I'm ready

:sparta:

1 person likes this

This is a good one to leave it off on for tonight

Number 30

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)

latest?cb=20100708051712

"Use the Force, Luke."

Most Valuable Player: George Lucas' Visionary Worldbuilding

Box Office: 307.3m (1.23b Adjusted)

Tomatometer: 93%

Notable Awards: Won 6 Oscars, nominated for Best Picture

Synopsis: Luke Skywalker joins forces with a Jedi Knight, a cocky pilot, a wookiee and two droids to save the galaxy from the Empire's world-destroying battle-station, while also attempting to rescue Princess Leia from the evil Darth Vader.

Critic Opinion: "“Star Wars” is nothing short of pure unadulterated entertainment, something that has been sorely lacking in a great majority of recent films.  As writer and director, Lucas unabashedly uses “Star Wars” to pay tribute to all the grand adventure films ever made, be they westerns, swashbucklers, fantasies or space operas. And he does it without resorting to camp or satire." - Perry, Orange County Register

User Opinion: "It's STAR WARS, what more needs to be said honestly? If TFA didn't show you how powerful this legacy is I don't know what would at this point." - GiantCALBears

Reasoning: I shouldn't need to say why this movie is on here, but I'm going to anyways.  Star Wars is pure entertainment and spawned one the greatest franchises to have ever been made.  It's really hard to undersell how great this movie is.  Yeah, the acting and screenplay are at times corny, but in a way that just enhances the movie to an even higher level than it'd be if it felt too overly dramatic or serious.  John Williams' score is GOAT, enough said there.  All of the characters are lovable and entrenched into cinematic history. Star Wars is a movie that changed the landscape of films.  Seriously, you should know why Star Wars is awesome.

Decade Count: 1930s: 11, 1940s: 14, 1950s: 17, 1960s: 22, 1970s: 27, 1980s: 36, 1990s: 34, 2000s: 28, 2010s: 28
Top 100 Decade Count: 1930s: 3, 1940s: 2, 1950s: 7, 1960s: 10, 1970s: 13, 1980s: 5, 1990s: 14, 2000s: 7, 2010s: 11
Top 50 Decade Count: 1930s: 2, 1940s: 1, 1950s: 3, 1960s: 1, 1970s: 8 1980s: 1, 1990s: 3, 2000s: 2, 2010s: 1

hero_starwars_pi.jpg

3 people like this

The Godfather - 10
Chinatown - 10
Life of Brian - N/A
Vertigo - N/A
A Clockwork Orange - N/A
Apocalypse Now - 10
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - 10
Pulp Fiction - best movie ever
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington - N/A
Stagecoach - N/A
Citizen Kane - N/A
Dr. Strangelove - N/A
Star Wars - 10

I really really struggled hitting the like button for your inclusion of Citizen Kane.  

Definitely not trying to hijack Panda's thread, but here is one piece on Citizen Kane in the brainwashed thread I did.