John Marston

Monday Numbers - Get Out - 4.1m

8 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

100m is certainly happening I think. These holds are just too good.

Yeah, if it holds nicely against Logan, it'll probably be locked down. Who woulda thunk it? Two horror movies at over 100M by somewhere in the end of March. Last year, only The Conjuring 2 did it, and that was a Summer release directed by James Wan whose name is a draw at this point and TC1 had a lot of goodwill. And it barely did it. In 2015 and 2014, no horror movie got through the mark. The horror renaissance is real.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Get Out is doing strong! It will more likely be a successful counter programmer against Logan, more so than competition. If it gets to $45 million 7-days and makes $63-$65 million this weekend more likely a $100 million is in play. 

i don't think it's counterprogramming. Are the audiences that different between Logan and Get Out?It will definitely hurt it. 

Edited by ban1o

Had the worst dream last night. Get out dropped over 80% for Monday and continued to decrease throughout the week. Then a 6.7M second weekend happened. No joke, it was extremely vivid too.

Nice to know that ain't gonna happen :lol: Fantastic number

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Had the worst dream last night. Get out dropped over 80% for Monday and continued to decrease throughout the week. Then a 6.7M second weekend happened. No joke, it was extremely vivid too.

Nice to know that ain't gonna happen :lol: Fantastic number

You know that prophetic dreams show the opposite of what happens? You cry in your dream, you'll be happy. You dream you flunked the exam, you pass it with flying colors. You dream a movie dropped hard, it has amazing hold. Etc. Jung or Freud, don't know which, explained why. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

So, Get Out increased an impressive 42% from Split in terms of first Mondays.

If that same increase applies to first Tuesday, Get Out will have a first Tuesday of 5.4M :ohmygod: That would be the 4th biggest Tuesday of the year, behind Rogue One and Sing on the 1st Tuesday of 2017, and Fifty Shades Darker on Valentine's Day.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

i don't think it's counterprogramming. Are the audiences that different between Logan and Get Out?It will definitely hurt it. 

I think it is counterprogramming. Get Out is likely pulling in not only horror fans but more black/latino audiences.