John Marston

Monday Numbers - Get Out - 4.1m

13 hours ago, Telemachos said:

No one will go see it because no one cares about a film like Moonlight.  We're being told to care about it, but people are smarter than that. :)

47 minutes ago, baumer said:

No one will go see it because no one cares about a film like Moonlight.  We're being told to care about it, but people are smarter than that. :)

I don't think it'll get a huge bump, but not because no one cares about it, but rather because it's already on-demand and just got released on DVD.

This isn't the type of movie that must be seen on the big screen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Keep telling yourself that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baumer said:

But people are seeing it. It's a small indie movie with 1.5m dollar budget that's already made 22m domestically. Hugely profitable for A24, so anything extra that it gets from Oscar bump will be icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, babz06 said:

But people are seeing it. It's a small indie movie with 1.5m dollar budget that's already made 22m domestically. Hugely profitable for A24, so anything extra that it gets from Oscar bump will be icing on the cake. 

It's not about how profitable it already is

At this moment, it is all about how resonant Moonlight can be with GA, and I would say it is limited, no matter the prizes it receives.

5 minutes ago, stripe said:

It's not about how profitable it already is

At this moment, it is all about how resonant Moonlight can be with GA, and I would say it is limited, no matter the prizes it receives.

I would imagine they care more about what film critics, experts, fans as well as people who relate to the story think about the movie than the general audience. They have the general audience's money, they don't need anything else from them.