FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

21 minutes ago, Eevin said:

$7.5m would be a 69% drop from Sunday...can't really compare Deadpool, DOFP or Apocalypse since they all opened on holiday weekends, but The Wolverine dropped 61% in the middle of July and Origins dropped 74% in May. London Has Fallen fell 70% on the same Monday last year, so...it's fine, I guess. Especially since we're dealing with bigger numbers than any of these movies.

$9.5m, however, would be insane and a sign of very strong word-of-mouth. 

69% drop would be the same as THG's first Monday drop... but Logan dropped 8% softer than THG did on Sunday so.... maybe its dropped 8% softer today for 9.5m...?  I was hoping this movie could break the front loaded X-Men curse but if not oh well... its hard imagining this not making my top 5 of the year list so thats good enough for me.

Edited by Ozymandias

OKAY THAT DOES IT I JUST GOT A SNAPCHAT FROM MY FRIEND WHO'S THE USHER TONIGHT WHY THE FUCK IS THERE A FUCKING BLOODY TAMPON ON THE FLOOR IN GET OUT LIKE WHY THE FUCK DOES THAT FUCKING BELONG THERE

• Like 7

1 hour ago, elcaballero said:

And some of it was actually about the weekend box office!

On a boring wknd, nobody bothers to go even off-topic.

Except IronJimbo of cause.:ph34r:

13 hours ago, Telemachos said:

1. It's really amazing how often we all feel the need to rank CBMs. :lol:

2. Count me among those bored by the airport scene in CW. Taken on its own, without context, it'd be a fun little thing. It felt trivial and a waste of time within the movie itself, when (IMO) it should've felt the exact opposite. Then again, my favorite scene from that movie is arguably one of the most pointless additions of all: Tony Stark and Peter Parker in his apartment. 

I thought that scene was remarkably underwhelming. Let alone pointless and without any real stakes as it was no battle, but a friendly soccer match. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, PPZVGOS said:

I started following BO numbers during the mid-90s. By the late 90s (thank you www) I was following it weekend in and weekend out, so whenever I come across a leggy movie, I recall As Good As it Gets, Good Will Hunting, There's Something About Mary and The Sixth Sense. Titanic is on a level all of its own, of course. 

:bravo:

• Like 1

Good number. Yall are crazy cause regardless of the rating it is a superhero film and therefore a portion of the kiddie audience won't go since it's a school night. Watch the Tuesday increase too gonna be good.