FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

Great number for LOGAN. But I'm not convinced that WOM is going to be as strong as some of you on here are. I was at a packed 7 pm showing Thursday night, and there was stone silence when the movie ended. I've gone to many, many Thursday "previews" of superhero flicks, and that's a very rare occurrence. These are fans who've made an effort to see the movie as soon as possible (like me and my son did), and not one of them was compelled to applaud at the end. Sure, the movie doesn't exactly end on a "let's start cheering and clapping" note, but a smattering of applause is kind of the minimum norm at these earliest showings, regardless. And the folks I overheard outside the theater didn't seem particularly jazzed about it.

While the film had a lot of things going for it, I found the dour atmosphere of the film just weighed on me throughout, and it's one of the few Marvel flicks that I don't feel the least bit compelled to go see again on the big screen. I just don't think LOGAN is a big crowd-pleaser, and I suspect it will see a pretty big drop after this nice OW.

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The Shack grossed 850k last night. Any comps? Should be good for low to possibly mid teens.

850k is strong. Seems that will open with 15M+. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The upward trend of the Wolverine movies on RT has been amusing.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine: 38%

The Wolverine: 69%

Logan: 93%

Less studio interference?

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Lol, how many trilogies do this?

Captain America and Wolverine's trilogies are the only CBMs to increase each consecutive movie critically.

79%>89%>90%   38%>69%>93%

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

Captain America and Wolverine's trilogies are the only ones to increase each consecutive movie critically.

From shit to gold is pretty damn hard though.

Are you saying it's truly unique in that aspect?

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

Probably. The Wolverine's third act (the battle between the robo-suit and the second rate Poison Ivy) certainly had a "tacked on" feel compared to the rest of the movie.

Just now, Arlborn said:

From shit to gold is pretty damn hard though.

Are you saying it's truly unique in that aspect?

Wolverine's is even more unique, it went from one of the worst CBMs to a good but forgettable movie to a one of the best CBMs if not the best.

• Like 2

Winter Soldier increased by 47% DOM from the original, Civil War increased by 57% DOM from Winter Soldier. A 131% increase for the franchise as a whole.

I don't expect that huge of a jump for Wolverine.

25 minutes ago, DAR said:

They set the bar higher each time.

X-men Origins was "who cares about funny books?".

The Wolverine was "okay, I guess we can crack open a comic book".

Logan was "Holy shit! MCU is making how much? How do we take our superheroes to the next level?".

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 6

Just now, franfar said:

Winter Soldier increased by 47% DOM from the original, Civil War increased by 57% DOM from Winter Soldier. A 131% increase for the franchise as a whole.

Both are incredible impressive CBM franchise, CA became a household name with some of the best CBMs, and Wolverine is still legendary.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Captain America and Wolverine's trilogies are the only CBMs to increase each consecutive movie critically.

I don't really think we can call these movies a trilogy though. They are pretty much unconnected besides the lead. The true wolverine trilogy would be X1-X3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, franfar said:

Logan only has Professor X besides Logan himself, Civil War meanwhile had everything and the kitchen sink thrown in there.

• Like 5