franfar

The Post | Ensemble Cast with Tom Hanks & Meryl Streep | Spielberg | Pentagon Papers Film....Dec 22 2017 | Trailer on p.11

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Edgardo Mortara is getting released in 2018 too unless it doesn't start production in enough time before Indy. 3 Spielberg movies will be released in a 12 month period :ohmygod: 

I get the feeling Edgardo Mortara is going to be pushed back, Spielberg will be doing press for Ready Player One and The Post from December to March plus prep Indy, there's no feasible way he could shoot another film in that time

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I don't quite agree with the second sentence, but yes, you don't necessarily need a long extended shoot (or post-production period) for stuff like this, especially if everyone's on the same page. Assuming Spielberg gets his usual crew together, it shouldn't take long at all.

The main thing is getting the actors schedules which I suspected has already been cleared with Hanks and Streep. I'm assuming Ready Player One will be in the can by the time he starts shooting The Post but the downside of him shooting another film this year is that he won't be able to promote the film at Comic Con which isn't a huge issue since I imagine they'll get the author and the cast of that to do it anyway 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

Timely? After this Spielberg is gonna make a movie about how Russian hackers are overturning western democracies into far right puppet states of the Kremlin.  Surprised one hasn't been green lit yet since its been the only thing in the news for 8 months.

Edited by Ozymandias

Just now, Ozymandias said:

Timely? After this Spielberg is gonna make a movie about how Russian hackers are overturning western democracies into far right puppet states of the Kremlin.  Surprised one hasn't been green lit yet since its been the only thing in the news for 8 months.

reaction

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

feel like the pope movie is gonna join the list of projects berg never gets around to.

It's What I Do and the Kronkite film probably will be dropped and replaced with other directors. It's What I Do IMO would be a good one for Eastwood to direct

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's What I Do and the Kronkite film probably will be dropped and replaced with other directors. It's What I Do IMO would be a good one for Eastwood to direct

Wait he's gonna make a Cronkite film? Man, I would like to see that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Honestly it's a shame that it seems like Spielberg ditched Robopocalypse.  that was a genuinely interesting project.

It would've been expensive and just pander to fanboys tbh

1 minute ago, franfar said:

It would've been expensive and just pander to fanboys tbh

How would you know that though if the film never got made?  Yeah sure, the budget would definitely be big, but I don't see why it wouldn't be a good movie especially with Spielberg in the director's chair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

How would you know that though if the film never got made?  Yeah sure, the budget would definitely be big, but I don't see why it wouldn't be a good movie especially with Spielberg in the director's chair.

Depends on how you define good. 

Spielberg has a great track record but is far from perfect

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

2018 is gonna be huge for original sci-fi.  I predict Ready Player One, Alita, and Mortal Engines to all breakout.

I predict none of them do :ph34r:.

Also none of those are original lol.

Edited by AABATTERY
  • Like 2