franfar

The Post | Ensemble Cast with Tom Hanks & Meryl Streep | Spielberg | Pentagon Papers Film....Dec 22 2017 | Trailer on p.11

My probelm with Spielberg these days is not Steven, it s the movies he chooses to make.

All that freedom and power for History channel movies for the most part.

This movie looks like a sleeping pill.

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

My probelm with Spielberg these days is not Steven, it s the movies he chooses to make.

All that freedom and power for History channel movies for the most part.

This movie looks like a sleeping pill.

Can't tell if an ape wrote this comment or if it was just The Futurist.  oh wait the two are synonymous.

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Can't tell if an ape wrote this comment or if it was just The Futurist.  oh wait the two are synonymous.

when your attempt at a burn makes less sense than a futurist post it's time to stop for the day, I think.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Clint Eastwood also makes his movies fast too (Million Dollar Baby and American Sniper were shot within a few weeks during the summer of their years and made it to December qualifying releases). It's not uncommon.

Eastwood has a reputation of shooting on time and on budget. I think Gran Torino was also shot in the same summer as its release year as well.  He's be a good choice for Its What I Do which Spielberg was attached to direct but will likely drop out

Allied was another example of a film that started filming in the same year as it was released. Started shooting in March of 2016 and released in November 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Oooo double 'Berg year?

I assume The Post will be December limited release followed by a January wide release which would mean two Spielberg films within months of each other, that hasn't happen since Tintin and War Horse which were released days apart in the US but a few months apart elsewhere 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, franfar said:

This is a simple drama. Those don't take that much time or effort to make.

I don't quite agree with the second sentence, but yes, you don't necessarily need a long extended shoot (or post-production period) for stuff like this, especially if everyone's on the same page. Assuming Spielberg gets his usual crew together, it shouldn't take long at all.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I have a strong feeling this goes limited on Christmas then wide after New Year's. It could be Hidden Figures on a smaller scale with how weak January looks.

I feel like it'll go limited in November and go wide next weekend.  Probably follow the same release pattern as Lincoln.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I don't quite agree with the second sentence, but yes, you don't necessarily need a long extended shoot (or post-production period) for stuff like this, especially if everyone's on the same page. Assuming Spielberg gets his usual crew together, it shouldn't take long at all.

Ok, saying they were "easy" was poor wording. I agree.

• Like 1