abra

Tuesday| Logan jumped an estimated 19% for $8.6M (deadline)

2nd Update, Wednesday 8:46AM: Logan‘s Tuesday jumped an estimated 19% over Monday for $8.6M at 4,071 theaters, sending the James Mangold-directed movie to $104.2M stateside. Together with Logan‘s overseas opening of $159M, the Wolverine trilogy has already shot past the $1 billion mark worldwide.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/logan-to-cross-100-million-box-office-1202038340/

• Like 9

Cap 2 jumped 12% on first Tuesday, so that 19% sounds good for Logan. Not apples to apples i know, but i think Winter Soldier is the best comparision possible right now. So far, in term of jumps/drops %, Logan is besting Winter Soldier on Sat, Sun, Mon and Tuesday....Logan has stronger competition ahead though.

With CA:TWS multiplier, Logan would finish with 241.6m (best of X-Men franchise unadjusted)

Edited by picores
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

So we're just not counting Deadpool? It is technically an X-men film 

Deadpool's a fine comparison for later legs, but first Tuesday comparisons don't really work because it was coming off of a holiday Monday. Best comp we have right now for a well-received, non-holiday opener is probably Winter Soldier.

• Like 4

Just now, Eevin said:

Deadpool's a fine comparison for later legs, but first Tuesday comparisons don't really work because it was coming off of a holiday Monday. Best comp we have right now for a well-received, non-holiday opener is probably Winter Soldier.

I'm not talking about legs, I'm talking about overall gross...someone said 240ish million would make Logan the top grossing X-men film. I absolutely love Logan but that's not true. Deadpool is technically an X-men film, and that's out of reach.

6 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I'm not talking about legs, I'm talking about overall gross...someone said 240ish million would make Logan the top grossing X-men film. I absolutely love Logan but that's not true. Deadpool is technically an X-men film, and that's out of reach.

Lol never mind, my bad. Yes, you're right, both Logan and Deadpool are technically X-Men films. Interesting that they both could potentially outgross every other film in the X-Men canon

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Cheap Tues though have increased a lot in the last 3 years.  The biggest Tues jump that day in 2014 in the top 15 was 35%.   Before I Fall increased.. 59%.

Also Rated R vs PG 13 comes into pay with weekday holds and Friday jumps.

31 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

Ok buddy, i forgot Deadpool. That's all. Lets say its the "highest Wolverine leading role movie unadjusted".

10 minutes ago, picores said:

Ok buddy, i forgot Deadpool. That's all. Lets say its the "highest Wolverine leading role movie unadjusted".

Forget unadjusted, I think it will become the highest grossing Wolverine movie adjusted 

37 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Lol never mind, my bad. Yes, you're right, both Logan and Deadpool are technically X-Men films. Interesting that they both could potentially outgross every other film in the X-Men canon

Its fitting since they were given the most freedom out of them all and they're the best. Days of future past is the only one that is up there with them imo 

• Like 2

This week-end will be very interesting. Get Out is poised to have a smooth drop, and who knows what will happen to Logan

DOFP and Apocalypse both had horrendous 2nd week-end drops, can Logan break this mold?

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

This week-end will be very interesting. Get Out is poised to have a smooth drop, and who knows what will happen to Logan

DOFP and Apocalypse both had horrendous 2nd week-end drops, can Logan break this mold?

They dropped from Memorial Day w/e