DAJK

Weekend Estimates: Kong 61M, Logan 37.8M, Get Out 21M, Shack 10M, Lego Batman 7.8M

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

GUYS, I'VE FOUND THE NEXT MOVIE I'M STANNING FOR

Image result for james mcavoy fan gif

The lesbian sex scene between Charlize and Sofia will be one for the ages.

• Like 2

Just now, CJohn said:

The lesbian sex scene between Charlize and Sofia will be one for the ages.

It's like the movie gods saw my stanning for STB and Split and decided to put McAvoy and Boutella in a movie with Charlize Theron and John Goodman directed by David Leitch. I think I might make a club for it!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

warners has money to throw away because they figure everyone want to really see Batman vs superman 2.... cough...cough.. i mean kong vs godzilla

And they'd be right. Give me that Kong v Godzilla: Dawn of Monsters Attack.

• Like 7

I could see Kong playing like a blockbuster appealing mostly to older adults and making it up to 50 this weekend, but I could also see it playing like Godzilla with less hype and even more competition and hitting 35. That number tells me nothing either way. Sad!

I never thought I'd see the day when a $40M openng for a $190M budgeted movie would be considered good, especially with BATB coming in for the kill next weekend. Yet here we are.

And I'm pretty sure WB expected this to come close to Godzilla's total when they gave it that budget.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Let's hope it explodes OS.

I'd be happy with anything over 120M for domestic. Over 150M would be splendid all things considered.

I would not be surprised if it does 160 mill $ in China alone

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, darkelf said:

I never thought I'd see the day when a $40M openng for a $190M budgeted movie would be considered good, especially with BATB coming in for the kill next weekend. Yet here we are.

And I'm pretty sure WB expected this to come close to Godzilla's total when they gave it that budget.

It's all relative. It has looked like it wouldn't hit even 150M for months already. If this goes slightly over 50M(possible still) for OW I'm thinking it just might get very close to 150M after all, which would be fine.

Plus we are all wondering how it will do OS, specially in China.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 7

The numbers aren't quite bad. Problem is the movie's budget 185-190 million not even including marketing.

Seriously, these Kong movies are way too damn expensive ( Peter Jackson's version had a 200 million budget or maybe a little more ).

So, this movie will probably need to make at least 400-450 million worldwide, to start making a profit. That's insane. Kong doesn't need insane budgets. 100 million budget would have been excellent, but not 200 million. lol

Japan and China will have to come for the rescue.

• Like 1