DAJK

Weekend Estimates: Kong 61M, Logan 37.8M, Get Out 21M, Shack 10M, Lego Batman 7.8M

2 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

If Power rangers did 40 Ow on 190 budget, it would be called a bomb, why double standards

Power Rangers doesn't have the same overseas potential IMO. It's going to be more reliant on the domestic market than Kong ever was.

That being said, I don't know who in their right minds would call PR a bomb if it does 40M OW, that would be a great number for it everything considered!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

If Power rangers did 40 Ow on 190 budget, it would be called a bomb, why double standards

I wouldnt call PR a bomb at all if it did 40 million (isnt the budget way lower than 190 anyway?)..but maybe some will be expecting it to do way more because of the online hype and awareness?

Just now, grey ghost said:

Will this be another Tarzan?

Kong exceeds rock bottom expectations so it's considered a success despite the huge budget.

Actually I'm expecting it to play almost exactly like Tarzan, with another 100M or so overseas.

3 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Because Power Rangers needs a much much stronger domestic performance. Kong is much bigger OS than Power Rangers, Power Rangers max ceiling OS is Ghostbusters or Star Trek numbers, 2 other franchises which are much bigger domestic.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

The fans who want Godzilla vs King Kong should be worried right about now. 

I'd start being worried if the OW comes closer to 40M than 50M.

Then I'd only be worried again if it doesn't explode in China or/and Japan. Anything less than 450M WW is the actual worrying number. I still think anything over 400M WW gets Godzilla vs Kong made though.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'm also getting a Long Kiss Goodnight and Hardcore Henry vibe.

You forgot the director is one half of the John Wick's team.

The first hand-to-hand combat is very Wick-ian.

This is more like a combination of Haywire (remember that

Soderbergh film) and Keanu Reeves' movie.

Love to see John Goodman in ...any movie.

Last great cameo is in The Gambler.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Isn't the budget for PR like $100m? 40m OW would likely be fine for it even with a  lower OS gross.

Lionsgate sold the OS rights. They are protected.

• Like 1

I don't know about the movie (Seeing it tonight), but MAN, the Godzilla marketing campaign was X100 times better. Gareth Edwards visuals are insane and the trailer idea is really good. 

Edited by YSLDC
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Me as I pass by auditoriums:

Brie Larson is saying something!
Get Out has a car.
OH DAMN LOGAN OPENING!
Someone's getting eaten in The Great Wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol are you at one of those theaters that actually has windows into the auditoriums?