DAJK

Weekend Estimates: Kong 61M, Logan 37.8M, Get Out 21M, Shack 10M, Lego Batman 7.8M

25 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Would be much more interested in Japan doing a live action Ghost In The Shell tbh

Watching VH1 tonight and those GITS clips are looking every promising.

I'm not gonna lie the action  looks extremely   good.

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

Watching VH1 tonight and those GITS clips are looking every promising.

I'm not gonna lie the action  looks extremely   good.

More to GiTS then action imo. If you don't get the philosophical undertones and themes of GiTS right then there's really no point to the franchise.

I'll be curious to see how next March compares to this March in terms of OW. I imagine Wreck it Ralph 2 will see an increase OW wise say $65-70m maybe higher, The real wildcard is Ready Player One which I think will do $65-80m OW but it could go higher if WB really ramps up the hype and marketing.

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

How much Japanese live action is any good?

Shin Gojira was great. If a Japanese version of GiTS was done in that same vein/style it'd be pretty good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

More to GiTS then action imo. If you don't get the philosophical undertones and themes of GiTS right then there's really no point to the franchise.

I know that infacr for it's kind of story the Action has to be unique and i must say so far they seem to have nailed that part.

I can't judge the story when I haven't seen the movie yet so as a movie goer I have to be optimistic.

The comment you said basically says "If it isn't this way it won't be good"

How's about we just hope for  good story with solid action.

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

I know that infacr for it's kind of story the Action has to be unique and i must say so far they seem to have nailed that part.

I can't judge the story when I haven't seen the movie yet so as a movie goer I have to be optimistic.

The comment you said basically says "If it isn't this way it won't be good"

How's about we just hope for  good story with solid action.

The stuff we've seen so far doesn't suggest a good story. Ghost in The Shell was never about revenge. If anything it was more a procedural cop drama with philosophical undertones. 

57 minutes ago, Cookson said:

What would be a good number for Kong next weekend going against BatB? 22-25 range?

$30m is the ideal scenario, but $25m+ would be solid for it considering how big BatB is shaping up to be.

4 hours ago, Mulder said:

Cyberpunk action with awesome visuals?  I mean it's not transcendent, but it's not entirely pointless.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mulder said:

The stuff we've seen so far doesn't suggest a good story. Ghost in The Shell was never about revenge. If anything it was more a procedural cop drama with philosophical undertones. 

I don't agree with the "doesn't suggest a good story "just because it's not 100% of the source material doesn't mean the story isn't gonna be good.

Too be honest that's Fanboy logic, just saying.

It's not about revenge it's about her finding out who she truly is.Thats something I don't think they ever touched on in the anime(not too familiar with all the episodes but have watched plenty of them plus all the movies).

You can't judge a book by its cover.

7 hours ago, Brainiac5 said:

I don't agree with the "doesn't suggest a good story "just because it's not 100% of the source material doesn't mean the story isn't gonna be good.

Too be honest that's Fanboy logic, just saying.

It's not about revenge it's about her finding out who she truly is.Thats something I don't think they ever touched on in the anime(not too familiar with all the episodes but have watched plenty of them plus all the movies).

You can't judge a book by its cover.

It's not really her finding herself ((Which Stand Alone Complex explored to limited degrees.)) It's literally a revenge plot. "THEY MADE ME BUT THEY CAN NOT CONTROL ME", Makoto erm "Mira" being told to terminate herself, etc etc.