Impact

Best supporting actress predictions-2017

After seeing The Big Sick, I think Hunter is in for her fifth nomination. She has a lot of really great moments in it (the one in the comedy club should be her clip, though it would require some bleeps) and seems like the most likely shot at an acting nom from the movie (which I think is gonna get quite a bit of love from the Academy given that it's also catching on at the box office).

1. Hong Chau, Downsizing

2. Melissa Leo, Novitiate

3. Michelle Pfeiffer, mother!

4. Laurie Metcalf, Lady Bird

5. Juno Temple, Wonder Wheel

6. Holly Hunter, The Big Sick

7. Claire Foy, Breathe

8. Octavia Spencer, The Shape of Water

9. Brooklyn Prince, The Florida Project

10. Kristin Scott Thomas, Darkest Hour 

20 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Tatiana Maslany - Stronger

What a moving natural performance. She'll be taking home the big prize some day. If any of you have seen her perform you know what I'm talking about. 

Depends on a number of factors like if Stronger can stay at all in the conversation until the end of the year (especially with such low box office numbers). I don't think she's happening if Gyllenhaal isn't.

I'm currently predicting Hunter/Janney/Metcalf/Spencer and then the last spot is completely up for grabs. Melissa Leo/Novitiate feels like it's going to go nowhere, and Hong Chau's role in Downsizing has already received some criticism (and will likely only get worse when more people have the chance to see it). Maybe The Florida Project's young Brooklynn Prince has a chance.

While lurking the AwardsWatch forums, new information has been unveiled. Anne Krieps is being campaigned for lead, as well as Brooklynn Prince, instead of supporting like a lot of other people thought. Good for Hong Chau and Kristen Scott Thomas I guess.

Edited by CoolEric258

13 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

While lurking the AwardsWatch forums, new information has been unveiled. Anne Krieps is being campaigned for lead, as well as Brooklynn Prince, instead of supporting like a lot of other people thought. Good for Hong Chau and Kristen Scott Thomas I guess.

Welp, there goes Prince's chances, unfortunately.