chasmmi

The Summer Game 2017 | Beans have been counted, sprouts measured, zombies destroyed, and Tele relegated to... oh wait better not... | Let the Pre-Season Reveals begin ...

12 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

Whew. Submitted.

I considered doing this heavily researched and cross-checked system to make sure all my predictions were just right, but after a little while of doing that I got bored and just kinda guessed. Same with my thought of checking to see what everyone else had predicted. So I have no idea how close I hew to the common consensus.

I may end up adjusting things and nuking my week 0 (can we please, please, please get it scored before next Thursday?) but I know i'll probably be lazy and not bother. Last year that saved me because in the final week everyone went gaga over CACW. Let's see if that happens for GotG2.

Good thing I can wait a week before looking at the SotM and that... other thing I don't yet understand.

Youre probably wise for doing so.  An educated guess is only marginally, if even, better than a random guess.

It's kind of like how even professional investors, not named Warren Buffet, suck at picking stocks and rarely beat the market.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Panda said:

Youre probably wise for doing so.  An educated guess is only marginally, if even, better than a random guess.

It's kind of like how even professional investors, not named Warren Buffet, suck at picking stocks and rarely beat the market.

I work in the stock market, and I'm not at all certain that "good stock picking" is a skill anyone actually has, at least in a way thats distinguishable from random chance.

• Like 2

Fun table I just spent far too long collating:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/23904-all-time-summer-winter-table/

The all time (from 2012 onwards) stats for top 10 finishes in Summer/Winter Games.

The main takeaways:

@darkelf  is a beast.

We should all hope that players like @Olive, @iceroll @laguy03 @Tower @TylerDurden365 @kitik @Filmovie  @Fake  and a whoever dominated the game in the BOM days, don't all make a glorious return for this summer, if we want to win.

Moderators are shit at this game. ( @grim22 is the only moderator that matters in the overall top 10, @Tele Came Back is the only one that doesn't matter in there)

Nobody has won twice in the life of the Forums

And finally...

This isn't shown in the table but:

Of the 10 winners of Summer or winter, I believe at least 4 were well outside the top 10 before preseasons kicked in.

@Filmovie jumped 45 places to win his summer game.  

• Like 7

7 hours ago, chasmmi said:

Fun table I just spent far too long collating:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/23904-all-time-summer-winter-table/

The all time (from 2012 onwards) stats for top 10 finishes in Summer/Winter Games.

The main takeaways:

@darkelf  is a beast.

We should all hope that players like @Olive, @iceroll @laguy03 @Tower @TylerDurden365 @kitik @Filmovie  @Fake  and a whoever dominated the game in the BOM days, don't all make a glorious return for this summer, if we want to win.

Moderators are shit at this game. ( @grim22 is the only moderator that matters in the overall top 10, @Tele Came Back is the only one that doesn't matter in there)

Nobody has won twice in the life of the Forums

And finally...

This isn't shown in the table but:

Of the 10 winners of Summer or winter, I believe at least 4 were well outside the top 10 before preseasons kicked in.

@Filmovie jumped 45 places to win his summer game.  

Where am I in the Winter Games? :apocalypse:

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

haha im the only person with a 2 in the summer chart

coming for that 3rd place yall better prepare

You have to respect DAJK coming in 4th 4 different times across both games. Thats model consistency.