chasmmi

The Summer Game 2017 | Beans have been counted, sprouts measured, zombies destroyed, and Tele relegated to... oh wait better not... | Let the Pre-Season Reveals begin ...

1 hour ago, franfar said:

Ok, bc I've been super busy these past few weeks. I can try over the weekend though

As a serious piece of advice, if you're super-short on time, make sure you fill in the 3 initial lists: top 15 domestic, top 7 weekends, and top 10 worldwide along with dollar guesses for them. Those three lists are worth potentially as much as every other possible source of points in the entire game, combined. Yes, really.

No, you probably won't do great on the three lists if you do them fast, and answering the other lists and questions is good because it makes you research and think things through.

But if you're short on time, you're better off spending that time on the big points rather than the little points. Plus, you can always look at what other folks have predicted so far. Those predicts might change a bit as guesses get refined, but it gives you an idea of what others are thinking.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Wrath said:

As a serious piece of advice, if you're super-short on time, make sure you fill in the 3 initial lists: top 15 domestic, top 7 weekends, and top 10 worldwide along with dollar guesses for them. Those three lists are worth potentially as much as every other possible source of points in the entire game, combined. Yes, really.

No, you probably won't do great on the three lists if you do them fast, and answering the other lists and questions is good because it makes you research and think things through.

But if you're short on time, you're better off spending that time on the big points rather than the little points. Plus, you can always look at what other folks have predicted so far. Those predicts might change a bit as guesses get refined, but it gives you an idea of what others are thinking.

Thank you :D

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, baumer said:

I love that this game is still thriving after....what is this....the 10th season?

This is the Fast and Furious franchise of the forums. :)

It is much better and yes this is the 10th season, Baumer said summer game has lasted longer than 85% of television shows lol

• Like 2

One piece of advice I would give new players - stick to your first impulse. Overthinking never helps. I would have won twice if I had not overthought at the last minute - decided that STID would do better than Fast 6, and that bumping some movie out of my top 15 in 2015 - both the result of overthinking as opposed to sticking with my original choices. Sticking with my gut helped me in the Winter Game when I decided Interstellar would somehow have better legs than BH6, ended up winning me the game.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

One piece of advice I would give new players - stick to your first impulse. Overthinking never helps. I would have won twice if I had not overthought at the last minute - decided that STID would do better than Fast 6, and that bumping some movie out of my top 15 in 2015 - both the result of overthinking as opposed to sticking with my original choices. Sticking with my gut helped me in the Winter Game when I decided Interstellar would somehow have better legs than BH6, ended up winning me the game.

Not just advice for new players lol  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, baumer said:

I love that this game is still thriving after....what is this....the 10th season?

This is the Fast and Furious franchise of the forums. :)

As in it floundered and almost died in its first incarnation, but after a new direction and injection of new creative talent, it blossomed into something amazing and world beating? :P   

• Like 8

11 hours ago, narniadis said:

You missed me :( (just kidding its all cool.)

Almost done. I am fighting the second guessing bear.... *sigh*

I obviously missed out the people I can trust to get shit done without constant berating :)

• Like 1