chasmmi

The Summer Game 2017 | Beans have been counted, sprouts measured, zombies destroyed, and Tele relegated to... oh wait better not... | Let the Pre-Season Reveals begin ...

PART A:

1. King Arthur - $67M

2. Lowriders - $15.3M

3. Snatched - $85M

4. Diary of a Wimpy Kid - $32M

5. Everything Everything - $26M

6. It Comes at Night - $39M

7. Captain Underpants - $93.5M

8. All Eyes on Me - $49M

9. Rough Night - $80M

10. Cars 3 - $180M

PART B:

1. Which film not called Lowriders will be the lowest grossing? IT COMES AT NIGHT

2. Which non-animated film will be the highest grossing? SNATCHED VS ALL EYEZ ON ME

3. Will a non-animated film on that list make the main games Domestic Top 15 list? PROBABLY NOT

4. Will any film double its predicted gross? NO

5. Will any film fail to reach half of its predicted gross? YES

6. Will the actual combined total gross for the 10 films be higher or lower than the predicted total gross? MUCH LOWER

7. Percentage wise, what will be boxoffice.com's best prediction? CARS VS ALL EYEZ

8. Percentage wise, what will be boxoffice.com's worst prediction? ROUGH NIGHT OR IT COMES

9. Will 3 or more of these films open in the number 2 position? SNATCHED, CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS

10. Will 2 or more of these films open in 5th or lower? ROUGH NIGHT, LOWRIDERS, IT COMES

Edited by Matrix4You

Bill Paxton should be our mascot this year.

Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events but we just got our asses kicked pal!

• Like 5

Honestly, the remainder of QOTW until the first Emoji question looks really easy outside of Spider-Man's Sunday hold (I'm assuming Chas will replace the Apes question with that because duh :lol:  ) . It figures that the second hardest question was in the second week and knocked out over a quarter of players, though it was probably close to 40% of those who're actually playing :jeb!: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

25 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

Week 13 is no longer ridiculous and I don't even know what it was supposed to be.

There will be no other edits. 

What about The Nut Job? It isn't opening on the 18th anymore, and the question can't work that weekend.

Also, Apes will be in its third weekend on the 28th, so again, it's an impossible question.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, chasmmi said:

Weekly questions and a new SOTM is up!!!

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24266-sotm-7-summer-is-failing-call-in-the-reserves/

I'm hoping I will get scoring up to date in the next 48 hours. Had a lot of work stuff take up my time the past two weeks, but that should be slowing down now. 

No no. I don't want to see the scores. :lol:

• Like 1

On 6/25/2017 at 5:11 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Honestly, the remainder of QOTW until the first Emoji question looks really easy outside of Spider-Man's Sunday hold (I'm assuming Chas will replace the Apes question with that because duh :lol:  ) . It figures that the second hardest question was in the second week and knocked out over a quarter of players, though it was probably close to 40% of those who're actually playing :jeb!: 

It was a happy accident I made it through that week too , I was so busy that week I didn't post at all in the threads. if I had I'm pretty sure I would have had King Arthur and and Snathed over whatever it was and be out. and Now I'm like in the top 10 (11?) in the survivor thread. :D