chasmmi

The Summer Game 2017 | Beans have been counted, sprouts measured, zombies destroyed, and Tele relegated to... oh wait better not... | Let the Pre-Season Reveals begin ...

6 hours ago, narniadis said:

So I continue to work on my predicts and I keep eyeing that Disney Movie in July that they had the schedule at Cinemacon but doesn't have a name.... 

What are we doing about that film? Something makes me afraid that it might be a Waterloo for some reason. 

You are welcome to put Unititled Disney film into your top 15 if you wish :) 

• Like 2

On 4/14/2017 at 7:07 AM, chasmmi said:

You are welcome to put Unititled Disney film into your top 15 if you wish :) 

LOL nope not without more info. I guess I just hate to think of everyone being screwed by it being a film that does well and breaks the top 15 - particularly since August is pretty much dead.... but then if everyone is screwed it is a wash LOL.

@baumer - Me too, I just barely have my top 10 finalized let alone the 11-15. Haven't even really given much thought to the other questions yet because I can't come to an agreement on my list.

• Like 4

On 4/14/2017 at 2:57 AM, Jake Gittes said:

Yeah I can see a scenario where GOTG, Wonder Woman, DM3 and Homecoming all end up in the 275-325 range. 

Ran into exactly this when putting together my top list. Went with my gut in the end.

• Like 2

This is my Top 15 atm:

1. Spider-Man: 350M

2. GOTG: 340M

3. DM3: 320M

4. POTC: 260M

5. Dunkirk: 250M

6. WW: 240M

7. The Mummy: 220M

8. Cars: 215M

9. Apes: 200M

10. Alien: 160M

11. Transformers: 150M

12. Captain Underpants: 125M

13. Baywatch: 120M

14. Snatched: 100M

15. The House: 80M

The last two spots are killing me.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2017 at 1:30 AM, narniadis said:

Also anyone else feel like this summer is rough to predict? Honestly feel like there are about 5 choices for #1 depending on how the wind blows. 

I Still think GOTG will be #1, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if it went below expectations and did something like $325m.  which would give WW, Spider-Man or DM3 a chance at the crown. I do feel like GOTG is the only summer release with a shot at $400m though (which I am predicting it will do).

On 4/15/2017 at 1:42 PM, narniadis said:

LOL nope not without more info. I guess I just hate to think of everyone being screwed by it being a film that does well and breaks the top 15 - particularly since August is pretty much dead.... but then if everyone is screwed it is a wash LOL.

@baumer - Me too, I just barely have my top 10 finalized let alone the 11-15. Haven't even really given much thought to the other questions yet because I can't come to an agreement on my list.

Its funny, I went the other way. Figuring out the 11-15 spots was so daunting I decided to answer the questions first, at least preliminarily, in hopes of clarifying my thoughts for the list.

• Like 2

Once I stopped being scared of it and actually did it, turns out I feel good about #11 and at least tolerable about #12.

But 13-15, damn. I have 10 movies I can make valid arguments for being in those spots. Well, 7 favorites and 3 dark horses. My odds are probably just as good if I randomly pick 2 of those from my 10 and then #15 from everything else that's coming out. Because you know it'll end up being something that explodes out of nowhere, like The Little Hours or Lowriders or something.

Abstaining like a madman on the questions, naturally.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

Just now, chasmmi said:

Probably not by as much as some people get hurt by their painstakingly thought out preseasons

Ok, bc I've been super busy these past few weeks. I can try over the weekend though

Edited by franfar
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Yeah I am gonna end up abstaining a bunch I think.... 

Still haven't settled my top 15

I'm confident I'll settle on a top 15 within minutes of the final deadline.

• Like 2