Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just now, CJohn said:

They are still so young :( But I guess they need to learn how real life works. Maybe we can tell them Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy aren't real either? :ph34r:

Fun story: I learned everything was a scam when I felt my dad put money under my pillow. I was crying BAD that morning.

• Like 5

Just now, CJohn said:

They are still so young :( But I guess they need to learn how real life works. Maybe we can tell them Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy aren't real either? :ph34r:

Wait..........................Santa isn't real?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

I'm a huge Power Rangers fan, and I'm pessimistic about this film, partly because of Saban Brands' obsession with marketing Mighty Morphin Power Rangers over all other Power Rangers seasons, especially Disney's (Wild Force to RPM), since they got it back in 2010.  And speaking of Disney, the Los Angeles Times had a new article about Haim Saban today, and in an ironic twist, says he is concerned about Beauty and the Beast's effect on Power Rangers.  The only reason Haim Saban has the Power Rangers back in the first place, is because Bob Iger and the rest of Disney agreed to sell it.  If Bob Iger thought there was any way Disney could make Power Rangers work, it never would have left the House of Mouse in 2010.

If Disney couldn't make it work then Lionsgate and Saban have no chance. 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm still pissed that bombed :sadben: 

They shot themselves in the foot on that one and should have left it in September.  

STX is being run by a bunch of numbers guys that wear slick suits and have high priced offices.  I like what they are trying to do, but they have a lot to improve on. 

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Fun story: I learned everything was a scam when I felt my dad put money under my pillow. I was crying BAD that morning.

I never really got Christmas presents, money for teeth, Easter Bunny BS or what not.

I believe it was some form of Tiger Dad teaching methods to toughen me up. :sadben:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

When I was 9, I was trying to find something to do about 10 days before Christmas.  I opened up my storage closet and saw PILES of presents labeled "To ThatOneGuy, from Santa."  I was so fucking pissed at my mom all day.

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Good Friday is super duper late feeling this year. Also, Passover is late af this year too @Jayhawk @4815162342. My family goes big as hell for Christmas and doesn't care about Hannukah but then really loves Passover and is ehhhhhh on Easter (though now that I have nieces that believe in the Bunny it matters again) so maybe I'm just off on what the dates usually are.

Also, sorry for spoiling the thing about the Easter Bunny @That One Guy @WrathOfHan @Ethan Hunt

I've seen the easter bunny

• Like 4

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

When I was 9, I was trying to find something to do about 10 days before Christmas.  I opened up my storage closet and saw PILES of presents labeled "To ThatOneGuy, from Santa."  I was so fucking pissed at my mom all day.

So this was three months ago?

• Like 5

I think Disney is making a mistake by releasing their top animated classic films back to back.They should spread them out and put smaller remaked in between.For instance release Princess and the  Frog between  BaTB and Alladin.Then Release  The Black Cauldron between Alladin and TLK.

The big ones (BaTB,TLK,Alladin,Mulan etc.) are going to make huge bussiness no matter what.The smaller ones  can benefit from the wide appeal and goodwill left from the big ones...all leading to a Frozen remake like 10 years down the line.

Fck now i am afraid they will start planning an Avengers-type assemble flick with the Disney Princesses.

• Like 1