Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Wait..........................Santa isn't real?

Oh boy... What have I done? :kitschjob::ohmygod:

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I never really got Christmas presents, money for teeth, Easter Bunny BS or what not.

I believe it was some form of Tiger Dad teaching methods to toughen me up. :sadben:

Hail Tiger Dad. Showing you the good life since the early days.

• Like 1

I remember that my mom bluntly told me how sex works when I was 4 after I said "where do babies come from?"  She just said "a man stick his penis into a girl's vagina."  I was confused and I asked if that's what they did while they were kissing at their wedding :ph34r:.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Because she chose it to be.Watson had many blockbuster offers before...Cinderella(i'm wondering what number it would have pulled),Kingsman,An unnamed Superhero role and others.She just chose to go indie.

She chose this to be her first successful syarring vehicle?? That’s what Wrathofhan asked. You probably meant that she chose this to be the first big, major Hollywood blockbuster wannabe she signed on for post HP, right?   She cannot control what succeeds and what does not, and any of her indie films could have been a surprise hit. We cannot be sure of that. This is her first truly successful post-HP solo venture because it is freaking Beauty and the Beast; let's not act as if she somehow compelled all this people to plunk down money to see her, when it has been quite evident for a while that nobody gave a shit about her in anything but HP. This success is all about the BATB property. Plus she has zero range and a limited emotional palette, acting-wise. Just watch as she goes back to mediocre indies that flop and the inevitable BATB sequel (that hopefully flops, because that would be even more pointless than this remake).

Edited by MrMarosa
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I think Disney is making a mistake by releasing their top animated classic films back to back.They should spread them out and put smaller remaked in between.For instance release Princess and the  Frog between  BaTB and Alladin.Then Release  The Black Cauldron between Alladin and TLK.

The big ones (BaTB,TLK,Alladin,Mulan etc.) are going to make huge bussiness no matter what.The smaller ones  can benefit from the wide appeal and goodwill left from the big ones...all leading to a Frozen remake like 10 years down the line.

Fck now i am afraid they will start planning an Avengers-type assemble flick with the Disney Princesses.

They did release Pete's Dragon between The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast, tho.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I remember that my mom bluntly told me how sex works when I was 4 after I said "where do babies come from?"  She just said "a man stick his penis into a girl's vagina."  I was confused and I asked if that's what they did while they were kissing at their wedding :ph34r:.

:winomg:

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

They shot themselves in the foot on that one and should have left it in September.  

STX is being run by a bunch of numbers guys that wear slick suits and have high priced offices.  I like what they are trying to do, but they have a lot to improve on. 

So like every other studio? :D

In all seriousness, I think A24 is the studio to look out for, they've been hitting their stride in the last few years and with an Oscar win, they've cemented themselves. 

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

What's this about Santa and the Easter Bunny?

Disney actually recently greenlighted a "female Santa Claus" movie starring Anna Kendrick that probably won't ever be made. I'm convinced that girl has the worst agent in the world.

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I still love all this stuff but it's also all super creepy. A giant bunny with red eyes and fangs jumping around my backyard? And an ancient man who sees children when they're sleeping is some @TelemAAchos shit.

When a man says they're going to take you to Santa's workshop, they're actually taking you to a Lab Rats set. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I still love all this stuff but it's also all super creepy. A giant bunny with red eyes and fangs jumping around my backyard? And an ancient man who sees children when they're sleeping is some @TelemAAchos shit.

Wait a minute... what if Tele is Santa Claus?:ohmygod: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Walked in on big sister at 8 is how I learned. She snuck a guy in and wanted my toy I left downstairs. And that's how I became an uncle at 9.

Edited by YourMother

55 minutes ago, Beauty and The Panda said:

There were a lot of things wrong with F4, but Michael B Jordan wasn't one of them.

Eh he wasn't particularity a good thing about the film either.  I was surprised he was such a dull Johnny Storm.  But he wasn't alone, there wasn't one engaging performance in a group of talented actors and that has to come down to the director and the script.

• Like 1