Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

51 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

If Disney couldn't make it work then Lionsgate and Saban have no chance. 

I agree with this.  Some on Rangercrew are hoping for a Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2's second weekend versus Captain America's debut weekend repeat, or basically saying they hope Beauty and the Beast falls apart next week, which is so incredibly unlikely.  It really is wishful thinking among some of the Power Rangers fans.

13 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

I agree with this.  Some on Rangercrew are hoping for a Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2's second weekend versus Captain America's debut weekend repeat, or basically saying they hope Beauty and the Beast falls apart next week, which is so incredibly unlikely.  It really is wishful thinking among some of the Power Rangers fans.

Deathly Hallows Part 2 was going to fall apart no matter what. There were signs even in its first day that it was incredibly frontloaded, with a "mere" $91m opening day off of $43m in midnights. We've already seen healthy signs of legs this weekend, like the massive Saturday increase and the 2.66x (possibly higher, depending on actuals) multiplier. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Looks older than 16 to me, LOL. 

Seriously doubt Ariel will still be 16 in the new version, the plot is #problematic enough without her being underage too. Agree though that Kristen Bell is way too old for Ariel, Disney will cast someone mid-20s at most.

Hidden Figures, 11th week in the Top 10 and its first drop over 40%, what, 13 weeks in? :worthy:

• Like 1