Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

It's already selling out afternoon shows again at the theater we went to yesterday. They're lowballing the Sunday gross for sure.

Yea. A 45-50 mill Sunday will a sell out here and there.

Just now, Beauty and The Panda said:

Over, somewhere between a 35m - 50m OW for it

Thinking a Trolls type run for BB:

$40M-$45M OW with a $140M-$150M finish due to Smurfs.

• Like 1

I had my doubts about The Lion King but then they cast Donald Glover and I'm obligated to stan for everything he's in + guaranteed opening weekend ticket from me just for that. Getting that #Atlanta crowd on lock.

Also 3000 posts go me.

• Like 5

Just now, cookie said:

And only 2500 of those were Wilderpeople spam.

C'mon man, give me some credit. It's been more than a week since I posted anything about it. 

Set the count at 2000 and we'll call it fair.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

BB looks like shit but could totally see it performing like that other DreamWorks movie form March 2015 that looked like shit. Totally don't remember what it was called

House or something.

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Yo @Noctis how do you feel about BATB beating Potter 8 OW? Granted it's unadjusted so more people likely went to see HP, but still impressive. Clearly a lot of pent up demand for this thing.

I don't care. Gone are the days where I'd get mad at a film passing DH2 lol

But yes, it's very impressive. DH2 is definitely the stronger film, but I'm very happy for Watson. 

• Like 1