Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

I don't know what it was about Cinderella (2015)... it was truly magical: it was made with such great care, love, and devotion for the project and it truly projects off the screens.  To this day, Cinderella (2015) remains my favorite remake.  It was such a beautiful and amazing experience!

- Cinderella 

- The Jungle Book

- Beauty and the Beast

- Maleficent

- Alice in Wonderland

The acting in Cinderella was MILES better than Beauty and the Beast, too, and it seems like everyone apart of the film were in equilibrium in terms of skills in acting.  Truly one of the best experiences in the theater I've ever had, but that's just me.  

I really loved Beauty and the Beast too, but it did not feel as magical as I hoped it would.  It's not a bad film, nor is it a great film, it's simply a "good" film. 

11 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I thought Dan Stevens was the draw?

There's one good moment early on when he's human and in some shots he has that psychotic look in his eyes like he's still playing the guy from The Guest. The movie peaked right there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

Well, we have a few butt-hurt bitches complaining, but that's freedom of speech for you. I just really hope @Jake Gitteshas it in his heart to be able to move on from this traumatizing experience that has destroyed all hope within him. If you need to vent and can't afford a therapist, you can always PM me. 

giphy.gif

You're on fire today. :lol:

1 minute ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

I don't know what it was about Cinderella (2015)... it was truly magical: it was made with such great care, love, and devotion for the project and it truly projects off the screens.  To this day, Cinderella (2015) remains my favorite remake.  It was such a beautiful and amazing experience!

- Cinderella 

- The Jungle Book

- Beauty and the Beast

- Maleficent

- Alice in Wonderland

The acting in Cinderella was MILES better than Beauty and the Beast, too, and it seems like everyone apart of the film were in equilibrium in terms of skills in acting.  Truly one of the best experiences in the theater I've ever had, but that's just me.  

I really loved Beauty and the Beast too, but it did not feel as magical as I hoped it would.  It's not a bad film, nor is it a great film, it's simply a "good" film. 

Cinderella felt pretty flat to me. Liked it though.

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

But would you love to see one that simply recreates all of the original's iconic scenes, more or less shot-for-shot, using the same music and even lines? Or one that at least tries to be creative and come up with something cool on its own? As someone else who fucking loves Jaws, I wouldn't be inherently opposed to the latter type of remake. But I'd have zero patience with the former. 

Jaws is already live action, the real equivalent would be if the remake was animated, graphic novel style or stop-motion or something. These Disney movies are animated, it's different enough for people (the people who like these movies, anyway) to see how they translate as not animated, and with actor(s) they like.

Just now, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Speaking about The Little Mermaid...i think Mackenzie Foy would be perfect.She is the right age,she looks the part and she was phenomenal in Interstellar.And i think she is a natural gingerhead.

mackenzie-foy-hair-1.jpg2

She's the star of Disney's upcoming The Nutcracker & the Four Realms (which is currently shooting but doesn't have a release date yet).

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Cinderella felt pretty flat to me. Liked it though.

To each their own. :D  I absolutely ADORED Cinderella because it just felt magical to me.  To be totally honest, I was expecting a mediocre, flat, and carbon-copy of a film, but I was left flabbergasted after the movie was finished.  As for Beauty and the Beast, I think I my expectations might have been too high. 

43 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

As a shareholder, it's fine for an extra $.001 of eps growth or whatever it is lol but pay that woman her money. People didn't go to see Dan Stevens or Josh Gad.

Disney shares popped about 3% after JB release.  Hopefully going to get nice bounce tomorrow as well.  Interesting to see how the consumer division is going to do.  I'd guess it would be better as compared to JB.  

Just now, CelestialFairyIX said:

To each their own. :D  I absolutely ADORED Cinderella because it just felt magical to me.  To be totally honest, I was expecting a mediocre, flat, and carbon-copy of a film, but I was left flabbergasted after the movie was finished.  As for Beauty and the Beast, I think I my expectations might have been too high. 

I did feel it was the best effort of the Disney live action remakes... Just didn't click with me. Cast was awesome. Looks was great. Never could put my finger on why I left it feeling letdown.

Cinderella was so superior to the original animated version. BaTB is also superior to me than the animated version (which I think is good but not great). Belle as a character has a shitload of more depth and personality than the one we saw 26 years ago and that's largely due to Watson who came up with the idea of the

Belle inventing the washing "machine"

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Disney is winning so much that they don't know what to do with their money :shades:

giphy.gif

They'll soon be overthrowing the government and take over the world. Which, considering what's been happening in political and government affairs recently, doesn't sound so bad.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, filmlover said:

They'll soon be overthrowing the government and take over the world. Which, considering what's been happening in political and government recently, doesn't sound so bad.

Bob Iger 2020 :worthy: