Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The scene is ridiculous/bad/over the top on purpose, it shows Peter Parker acting like a fool without realizing it.

I'll put it this way. Venom fan's view Raimi's Venom origin the way Bane fans view Schumacher's Bane origin.

Raimi missed the mark just as much.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Which is?

By Spider-Man 3 Peter Parker is less of a nerd than he was in the first film. He's grown up and gotten a better sense of himself. But deep inside Peter there will always be that dork, and when the alien symbiote takes him over, that's what begins to surface. It's a wonderful character concept: when Peter Parker gets cocky he doesn't get violent or gritty, he turns into a raging dweeb's version of a cool guy. Growing up a loner, Peter's vision of cool includes John Travolta's 70s dance moves and a vague idea of beatnik jazz action. To Peter, always an outcast and always unsure of himself, these archetypes represent the ultimate in self-confidence. 

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2012/07/02/in-defense-of-spider-man-3s-dance-scenes

• Like 2

Just now, Agafin said:

So what is the general expectation to BatB's Monday? $15 to $17 million?

Does it matter at this point? It's a Disney fairytale movie that made $174m on opening weekend. Those are "Fuck You, Haterz!" numbers. $500m dom is guaranteed.

But I'd go with the upper limit there.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'll put it this way. Venom fan's view Raimi's Venom origin the way Bane fans view Schumacher's Bane origin.

Raimi missed the mark just as much.

In Raimi's defense Venom was crowbarred in by Sony.

On 3/17/2017 at 4:44 PM, That One Guy said:

One of these days, Frozen or Zootopia is gonna get a live-action adaptation and there'll be crazy swarms of fans of those trying to defend it like it's their child.  The cycle will continue.

Wait, are people seriously anticipating a Zootopia live-action remake now?

c8SSMS_g_400x400.jpg

https://twitter.com/Ms_Bunzita

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Does it matter at this point? It's a Disney fairytale movie that made $174m on opening weekend. Those are "Fuck You, Haterz!" numbers. $500m dom is guaranteed.

But I'd go with the upper limit there.

I mean, yeah lol. With $350m+ WW after just one weekend, it's pretty much already in the Black. There's really not much to argue there.

But I'm still interested to see how it performs overall. I find it kind of interesting that for over 8 yeaes, TDK was the only movie in that $500-599m range (movies either fell short of $500m or went all the way to $600m+) yet we might now get 2 of those in a span of just three months.

5 minutes ago, Agafin said:

I mean, yeah lol. With $350m+ WW after just one weekend, it's pretty much already in the Black. There's really not much to argue there.

But I'm still interested to see how it performs overall. I find it kind of interesting that for over 8 yeaes, TDK was the only movie in that $500-599m range (movies either fell short of $500m or went all the way to $600m+) yet we might now get 2 of those in a span of just three months.

$500M is the new $400M

8 minutes ago, Agafin said:

Actually, now that I look at some other comparisons like Te Hunger Games, I think $15m on Monday is more likely.