Goon 2 (2017)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

If you like the first, you'll love this one.  The entire cast returns and they even add a few newcomers.  Elisha Cuthbert is a little older, and has gained some weight, and she's still HAF.  TJ Miller plays a foul mouthed sportscaster and he steals every scene he's in.  He's is paired along side TSN's James Duthie and they play well off one another.  Wyatt Russell is also terrific as the loose cannon that Doug has to fight.

Jay Baruchel directed this and man what an impressive debut.  The hockey is terrific and he has an excellent understanding of how the game is supposed to look.  I hope he gets behind the camera again.

The film is foul  mouthed, violent and absolutely hilarious.  I'll add more later but just see this if you can.  You'll thank me later.

9/10

• Like 3

Never saw the first, but I enjoyed the hell outta this one. There was some comedy that I gotta say fell pretty flat (IMO anything to do with Baruchel's character). But the stuff that worked more than made up for it. Glad I caught this opening night :)